Stafford, United Kingdom, February 14, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Ardentia Search is pleased to announce the release of NetSearch for Excel that allows users to perform simple and complex queries against both structured (e.g. databases) and unstructured data (e.g. web sites, documents and emails) from within the MS Office suite.
The new add-in builds upon the Ardentia Search release version 7.1 of their Business Intelligence & Enterprise Search solution – NetSearch.
Organisations need to manage their current business as well as plan and project for the future. To achieve this, organisations need to combine factual information (such as current sales activity, revenue, profit and loss) with projected values which are often entered directly into spreadsheets via tools such as Excel. NetSearch for Excel allows you to locate and combine factual information contained anywhere in your organisation e.g. within file directories, databases or spreadsheets and pull that information into a familiar environment that can be used for business monitoring and planning.
Search engines are everyone's favourite way of locating and retrieving information. Excel is everyone's favourite way for aggregating and manipulating data from the desktop.
NetSearch for Excel combines the two favourite techniques for data retrieval and manipulation to create a new way of analysing and reporting on information located anywhere in your organisation.
The key features of NetSearch for Excel include:
- The ability to draw in information into a single work book from multiple locations.
- The ability to add formulae, charts and standard Excel objects to any content available.
- The ability to save away workbooks that are refreshed with the latest information when the work is re-opened.
- A comprehensive and easy to use Query Builder interface that allows users to build text and Boolean based searches that return data directly into a worksheet.
- Integration with the standard Excel charting and pivot table services for cross tabs and dashboarding.
- A secure environment where users are only able to access information that they are authorised to view.
About Ardentia Search:
Ardentia Search develops innovative software solutions that enable employees to access corporate information in a simple, fast and intuitive manner, helping them to be more self-sufficient and productive in their day to day work.
Making up–to–date information available to the right people, allows employees to make better informed decisions, reducing the risk of mistakes and maximising operational efficiency.