Palo Alto, CA, July 08, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- PREMIER Biosoft today announced the release of SimGlycan® 5.61, which facilitates easy and accurate characterization of glycans derived from complex mixtures. The SimGlycan master database is updated with curated (a) N-glycans derived from Monoclonal antibody (mAb), Bovine Fetuin, Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO), (b) glycosaminoglycans derived from Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH), and (c) polysaccharides derived from plants.
Following are brief descriptions of the glycans and their sources:
1. N-Glycans of Monoclonal Antibody (mAb): Recombinant monoclonal antibody therapeutics (mAbs) represent the largest group of therapeutic proteins as a major new class of drug. SimGlycan database now includes 71 curated unique N-Glycan structures of mAb which play critical role in immunity, pathogenicity and other cellular processes.
2. N-Glycans of Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO): Therapeutic proteins obtained from Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cell lines show almost same glycosylation pattern as human, and hence, are most widely used in the development of biosimilar products. Now, 130 curated unique N-Glycan structures are added into SimGlycan database.
3. N-Glycans of Bovine Fetuin: Fetuin (blood proteins) is an important component of bone metabolism regulation, insulin resistance, protease activity control etc. It has also been identified as a biomarker for neurodegenerative disease. 71 unique N-Glycan structures are now added from Bovine fetuin, that play a critical role in these processes.
4. Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH): Low Molecular Weight Heparins are coagulation inhibiting glycosaminoglycans. Because of the anti-coagulation nature, these glycosaminoglycans are therapeutically engineered to prevent thrombosis, and thus has high medicinal value. 317 glycosaminoglycans of LMWH have been added into the SimGlycan database.
5. Polysaccharides of Plants: Plant polysaccharides' unique characteristics of the water-soluble colloids makes food highly nutritious and hence, has high value in food industry. 210 unique polysaccharides have been added into the SimGlycan database.
These structures were curated from the published papers in journals such as Analytical chemistry, Biochemistry, Carbohydrate Research, European Journal of Biochemistry, Food Hydrocolloids, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Journal of Chromatography, and Phytochemistry.
"The analysis of glycans derived from monoclonal antibody (mAb), blood proteins (Fetuins), CHO cell lines etc. are of importance to the Biopharmaceutical and Food & Nutrition industries. However, the lack of informatics support for accurate characterization of these glycans has been a bottleneck so far," said Arun Apte, CEO at PREMIER Biosoft. "By accommodating these featured glycans in the product database, SimGlycan offers a solution for targeted glycomics analysis."
For details, please visit: http://www.premierbiosoft.com/products/upgrades/sg_upgrades.html
About PREMIER Biosoft:
Founded in 1994, is a group of computer scientists and biologists dedicated to producing cutting edge intuitive software for research in life sciences. Our goal is to study the most recent innovations in life sciences and translate them into software products to aid research.
More information is available at: http://www.premierbiosoft.com