London, United Kingdom, October 25, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- The pharmaceutical industry is constantly battling the same issue when trying to discover drugs; the process is timely, expensive and usually unsuccessful. Pharmaceutical companies are trying to speed up the procedure to make it more accurate and minimise drug leads which are likely to fail further on in the drug development process.
With this backdrop, SMi’s 2nd annual Drug Discovery conference provides an unprecedented opportunity to gain insight into the use of Artificial Intelligence in in silico drug discovery, CRISPR and PROTAC’s, as well as discussing advancements in medicinal chemistry, translational medicine and 3D structure based-discovery.
Taking place on 21st and 22nd March 2018 in Central London, the two-day event will continue to lead the field with an unrivalled panel of experts bringing you the latest developments in drug discovery strategies.
The expert speaker panel includes:
· Steve Rees, Vice-President, Screening Sciences and Sample Management at AstraZeneca, Astra Zeneca
· Claus Bendtsen, Executive Director/Sr Leader Data Science, AstraZeneca
· Ralph Minter, Director, Fellow, Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering, MedImmune
· Stevan Djuric, Vice President, AbbVie
· John Harling, Director of Chemistry for the Protein Degradation DPU, GSK
· Ursula Egner, Director Process Simulation and Design Collaboration, Bayer HealthCare
Plus, many others including Roche Pharmaceuticals, Exscientia, Epizyme, GHPC Gmbh.
Key highlights of the conference include:
· Hearing about progressing towards a contemporary medicinal chemistry technology toolkit
· Debates on Transforming Success through Innovation and Collaboration
· Learning about Machine Learning for Smarter Drug Discovery
· Discussing Validating and invalidating targets and whether CRISPR is enough?
· Insights on Enabling Drug Discovery for Challenging Targets
and more. The full agenda and list of speakers can be found on the event website.
For more details about the conference and registration information, visit www.drug-discovery.co.uk/prcom
21st – 22nd March 2018
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
For sponsorship and exhibition queries please contact Alia Malick at email@example.com. For delegate queries please contact Kieran Ronaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For media queries please contact Natasha Boumediene at email@example.com.
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk