London, United Kingdom, December 07, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- SMi are delighted to welcome Colonel Matt Wilkinson MBE (Late RE), Chief of Staff, Logistics Delivery Operating Centre, Defence Equipment & Support, UK MoD
Colonel Matt Wilkinson joined the British Army in 1991. As a military engineer, he served in air assault and armoured brigades, commanding at platoon, company and regimental level. Throughout his career he has been heavily engaged in logistics at unit and formation level, deploying on operations to the Balkans, Northern Ireland, Afghanistan and Iraq.
Highlights include serving as Regimental Operations Officer during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and as Deputy Chief of Staff 16 Air Assault Brigade during the Brigade’s deployment to Afghanistan in 2010.
As Chief of Staff, Logistics Delivery Operating Centre, he is currently responsible for the daily management of the UK’s Defence Supply Chain.
Colonel Wilkinson's presentation will be on: "Optimising Logistics Support Through Enhanced Command and Control (C2) Systems and Processes." - Day 1 | 14:40
Summary of presentation:
- Creating supply chain mission analysis to identify critical areas for improvement
- Advancing logistics planning through C2
- Enhancing military distribution network security
- Capacity planning processes: creating best practice for inventory management
- Joint force supply chain integration
The Defence Logistics team had the opportunity to interview Colonel Matt Wilkinson about his experience in the industry.
1. What are the key areas for development in defence logistics?
Three areas as key priorities for the development of defence logistics:
- Exploiting commercial best practice and technology in the application of military logistics at the tactical, operational and strategic levels
- Multinational collaboration
- The development of lean agile systems in the Land, Air and Maritime environments, to reduce logistic need
3. What are the future challenges for the land force operations in terms of logistics command and control?
Download the full interview here: http://bit.ly/2zQ70pZ
For those looking to attend there is currently a £200 early-bird saving, ending December 15th.
Further information is available at: www.defence-logistics.eu/prc
SMi presents the 3rd Annual Conference:
Date: 6th – 7th March 2018
Location: Hotel Angelo, Prague, Czech Republic
Proudly Sponsored by: HIAB Limited | TVS Supply Chain Solutions | World Fuel Services
For all media inquiries contact Pavan Solanki on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6048 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk