London, United Kingdom, December 13, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- For enterprise architects who sit astride both technology and business strategy, charged with delivering timely advice on everything from technical debt management to IoT strategy, seamless data integration is a necessity rather than a luxury.
ABACUS 5.2 – the latest release from Avolution – enables architects and digital business managers to bring together data feeds from key sources to streamline their modeling and analysis. This allows them to provide quick responses to day-to-day queries, assessments of opportunities and risks, and technology and business roadmaps.
“Our focus on making data access and integration quick and easy for ABACUS users continues, with the addition of an enhanced REST API,” said Avolution’s Grant Quick. “By using a stateless protocol, this API simplifies external integrations significantly. It allows data from a huge range of common sources to be exchanged with ABACUS, via open standards.”
This is additional to current ABACUS adapters which allow integration and roundtripping with Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Google Sheets, Microsoft OneDrive, ServiceNow, Technopedia and CMDBs.ABACUS 5.2 also includes an enhanced Single Sign-On authentication for ABACUS Cloud and Intelligence users, which uses Active Directory Federation Services to streamline access for users.
Updates to Avolution’s ABACUS Intelligence module provide new dynamic catalogues which boost interactive data analysis, enabling self-service in-browser queries and on-the-go impact analysis. “Visualizations are responsive,” said Quick. “Filtering one chart allows you to instantly see the filtered data in other related charts as well as other dashboards, providing a seamless user experience.” Upgrades to in-memory technologies in ABACUS 5.2 provide a 3-fold improvement in performance allowing users to access their content and respond to queries faster.
Updates to a range of popular libraries include BPMN 2.0, Australian Government Architecture (AGA), BizBok and ArchiMate 3.0, plus import of the ArchiMate 3.0 and BPMN 2.0 interchange standards.
Smoother UI rendering, with modern window visuals consistent with Microsoft Office round out the user interface improvements in the release.
Over one hundred additional updates have also been included in the release, improving workflows and reporting, enabling easy configuration, automations and intuitive user experience. Matrices can be filtered by connections; catalogue names are fully configurable and project scripts can be embedded inside the project.
Available as either a cloud-based web-app or for on-premise deployment, ABACUS is one of the only EA tools fully certified for TOGAF 9.1 and ArchiMate 3.0, and also supports over 100 other industry frameworks. Free 30-day trials can be downloaded at www.avolutionsoftware.com
To register for the ABACUS 5.2 Preview Webinar on December 12th visit:
https://www.avolutionsoftware.com/about-us/abacus-5-2/ or email email@example.com to be added to the invitation list
Communications Manager, Avolution
ABACUS is used by companies worldwide to manage Enterprise Architecture, IT and business strategy and Digital Transformation. ABACUS users deliver insights and value quickly:
- Import data in minutes from SharePoint, Excel, Visio, Google Sheets, Technopedia, ServiceNow and other sources
- Choose an off-the-shelf framework or metamodel or configure an enterprise specific metamodel
- Analyze your architecture using algorithms for metrics such as TCO, Performance, Availability, Agility etc. Create future state architectures and roadmaps
- Report with rich visuals including heat maps, treemaps, timelines, lifecycles, capability spaces, trade-off diagrams, charts and dashboards
- ABACUS supports Enterprise Architecture (EA), Application Portfolio Management (APM), Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM), Business Process Management (BPM), Customer Experience (CX), Solution Architecture (SA), IT Service Management (ITSM), Business Intelligence (BI), and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC). It is available either on-premise or as a browser-based SaaS tool.