Oceanside, NY, January 07, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- South Nassau Communities Hospital continued its tradition of excellence in 2017 by earning top awards and certifications in a wide range of patient care specialties.
"The awards demonstrate that we are delivering on our promise that South Nassau is a hospital 'where quality matters,'" said Richard J. Murphy, president & CEO at South Nassau. "I commend our staff of more than 3,500 healthcare professionals for their teamwork and commitment to our mission of providing quality care to our patients."
The awards earned by South Nassau include:
- Healthgrades® America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™, Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™, and 5-Star ratings for Total Knee Replacement, Total Hip Replacement and Hip Fracture Treatment;
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Award, Healthgrades Top 5 Percent of Hospitals for Patient Safety, Healthgrades Top 10 Percent of Hospitals for Patient Safety;
- Healthgrades Top 10 Percent of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Procedures, Gynecologic Procedures Excellence Award, Superior Performance in Gynecologic Procedures Award, 5-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy;
- U.S. News & World Report Best (New York) Metro Area Hospitals Rankings of 17th Overall;
- Re-accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers;
- Get With The Guidelines®–Heart Failure Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation;
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus;
- IPRO (Improving Healthcare for the Common Good) End-Stage Renal Disease Network Quality Award for Highest ICH CAHPS Score in New York;
- IPRO End Stage Renal Network Five Diamond Safety Award (for both the Inpatient Dialysis Unit and the Outpatient Dialysis Center);
- TCU (Transitional Care Unit) CMS Nursing Home Compare 5- Star Rating;
- TCU US News & World Report Top Nursing Homes in America;
Designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for outstanding nursing care, South Nassau® Communities Hospital is one of the region's largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care in cardiac, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric, pain management, mental health and emergency services.
In addition to its extensive outpatient specialty centers, South Nassau provides emergency and elective angioplasty, and offers Novalis Tx™ and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery technologies. South Nassau operates the only Trauma Center on the South Shore of Nassau County verified by the American College of Surgeons as well as Long Island's only free-standing, 9-1-1 receiving Emergency Department in Long Beach. South Nassau also is a designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons, and is an accredited center of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Association and Quality Improvement Program.
In addition, the hospital has been awarded the Joint Commission's gold seal of approval for disease-specific care for hip and knee replacement, heart failure, bariatric surgery, wound care and end-stage renal disease.