New York, NY, January 17, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Versasec, the leader in smart card management systems, today launched vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.0. This major update of its identity and access management solution offers a variety of new features around Remote Security Device Management (RSDM) and User Self-Service (USS), among other attributes.
With Version 5.0, Versasec has ensured that vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects. In all, more than 25 new features and 60 minor fixes make up the latest iteration of the company's flagship product.
Among the highlights of the Version 5.0 are the following:
* Increased server-side bandwidth via new load-balancing capabilities
* Improved self-service enrollment workflow; the enrollment is triggered by user directory group membership data
* Enhanced management capabilities around pending RSDM issuance requests
* Improved support for Java cards as operator- and system-owner cards
* Updated APIs on the plugin interface
* User interface updates and enhancements
* Enhanced management of smart card applets, including loading and removal, as part of the system's lifecycle operations
* The latest version also includes support for the following: Open FIPS 201 smart card applet; Oberthur PIV 8.1 smart cards, and Gemalto SafeNet Luna Network HSM v7
"As vSEC:CMS penetrates more markets around the world, we are introducing significant changes in our product architecture that help ensure our customers can keep their data safe through user authentication and identification," said Joakim Thorén, Versasec CEO. "With this major update of the vSEC:CMS S-Series, we've made our technology even easier to manage, while also enabling remote and local users to help themselves if they run into any problems with their smart cards."
Existing and new users interesting in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.0 can do so by visiting the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com.
Versasec is the leading provider of state-of-the-art, highly secure identity and access management solutions. With its flagship product, vSEC:CMS, Versasec eases the deployment of physical and virtual smart cards for enterprises of any size. Versasec's solutions enable its customers to securely authenticate, issue and manage user credentials more cost effectively than other solutions on the market.
Versasec maintains its mission of providing solutions that are affordable and easy to integrate, coupled with first-class support, maintenance, and training. Versasec customers include HSBC, Tieto, Raiffeisenbank, Hornbach, Daimler, Alstom, European Commission, Qualcomm, eBay, Saudi Aramco, IMF, L'Oreal and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Versasec has offices in Sweden, New York, Redwood City, Dubai, the United Kingdom, France and Germany.
Versasec's products and services can be purchased and delivered worldwide through an extensive reseller network and via the Versasec web site: https://versasec.com. Follow us on Twitter (@versasec), LinkedIn (@versasec) and Facebook (@versasec).