Alexandria, VA, March 30, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- On May 2-3, 2018, senior leaders within the DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies, industry and academia will convene in Alexandria, VA, for two days of off the record briefings and informal discussions at Defense Strategies Institute’s 14th DoD/VA & Gove Health IT Summit.
Meeting the diverse IT needs required to support the Military Healthcare System is a complex task that requires strong leadership and collaborative efforts across DoD, VA, Government Agencies, Private Industry and Academia. As the MHS supports nearly 10 million service members and family members, it is imperative to highlight the efforts of the Federal HIT community in order to better support MHS beneficiaries.
The May 2018 Health IT Summit will focus on the efforts to develop and integrate IT technologies and informatics strategies that foster a data driven, patient centered MHS.
To that end, the summit will offer over 16 diverse senior leader speakers including:
· MG Ronald J. Place, USA, MD, Director, Defense Health Agency National Capital Region Medical Directorate, DHA
· Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, PEO, VA Financial Management Business Transformation, OI&T, VA
· Dr. Neil C. Evans, Chief Officer, Office of Connected Health, VA
· Bill James, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Enterprise Program Management Office, VA
· John Windom, SES, Executive Director, VA Electronic Health Record Modernization PEO
· CAPT James Ellzy, USN, Deputy PEO, Defense Health Management Systems
· John Tenaglia, SES, Head of Contracting Activity, DHA
· Ken Canestrini, Acting Deputy Director, TRICARE Health Plan, DHA
This Year’s Topics Include:
- Update on MHS Genesis Deployments and the Way Ahead
- Standardizing Clinical and Business Processes across the MHS
- Implications of NDAA 2017-2018 to the MHS
- Leveraging Telehealth Solutions for Improved Connected Care
- Contracting and Acquisition Priorities across the MHS
- Operationalizing EHR Priorities
- Transforming Military Readiness Across the MHS
- Managing & Modernizing HIT Infrastructures to Bolster Healthcare Delivery
- Improving Cybersecurity Posture for Improved Data and Medical Device Security
- Developing Pay-For-Value Healthcare Solutions
- Improving Data & Analytics Capability to Gain New Insights into Service Member Health
Seating is limited –
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Early Registration has now begun. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military, government and State personnel attend complimentary.
Anyone interested in participating in the 14th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit can visit Defense Strategies Institute's website at http://healthit.dsigroup.org/ for more information or contact Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-201-266-0058
*The summit is neither officially endorsed nor sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.
**Summit is closed to press / No recordings**