San Francisco, CA, April 21, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Versasec, the leader in smart card management systems, today launched vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.1 at the RSA Conference. This latest upgrade of one of the world's leading identity and access management (IAM) solutions has a strong focus on Virtual Smart Cards, TPM management, and Remote Security Device Management (RSDM) functionality that makes the product increasingly relevant in the Internet of Things (IOT) space.
The latest version includes 14 important new features as well as numerous fixes. Among the primary updates to vSEC:CMS are the following:
* New Operator Dashboard view, providing an overview of the current status of clients managed within vSEC:CMS
* RSDM TPM management and data collection
* Machine UUID check in the RSDM onboarding process
* Support for Microsoft Group Policies (GPO) to manage deployment and configuration changes of vSEC:CMS USS and vSEC:CMS RSDM
* Functionality to centrally collect events from managed devices, which better supports helpdesk personal in troubleshooting client devices regarding vSEC:CMS client components
The latest iteration of vSEC:CMS also builds in additional support tasks, including detection of double entries in User ID tables, a view of the correct status of managed devices, and correct master key ID used to diversify PUC for PIV cards.
"As companies across Europe as well as global companies with European connections ready themselves for the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation - or GDPR - going into effect next month, it's never been more important for them to know and better manage who is accessing their data," said Joakim Thorén, Versasec CEO. "Our latest version of vSEC:CMS, with numerous new enhancements, does just that."
Version 5.1 features a variety of additional improvements as well:
* Improved client (user self-service, RSDM and Operator Console) handling of communication under heavy load.
* A new card repository field, "TimeStampAssigned" and corresponding vSEC:CMS variable "DBCardsAssigned." Field, so the operator can see when a card/device was assigned to a user from the Card Repository view.
* Monitoring and notification of HSM outages are now included in the vSEC:CMS System Status.
* The FIM migration wizard is now updated to include more user, card and certificate information in the migration process from Microsoft FIM CM to vSEC:CMS.
* More granular access control configurations for vSEC:CMS access to SQL database.
* Provides additional details about currently logged-on operators through the Operator Console.
Versasec vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects. Existing users and other interested parties interesting in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.1 should visit the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com.
Versasec is the leading provider of state-of-the-art, highly secure identity and access management solutions. With its flagship product, vSEC:CMS, Versasec eases the deployment of physical and virtual smart cards for enterprises of any size. Versasec's solutions enable its customers to securely authenticate, issue and manage user credentials more cost effectively than other solutions on the market.
Versasec maintains its mission of providing solutions that are affordable and easy to integrate, coupled with first-class support, maintenance, and training. Versasec customers include HSBC, Tieto, Raiffeisenbank, Hornbach, Daimler, Alstom, European Commission, Qualcomm, eBay, Saudi Aramco, IMF, L'Oreal and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Versasec has offices in Sweden, New York, Singapore, Dubai, the United Kingdom, France and Germany.
Versasec's products and services can be purchased and delivered worldwide through an extensive reseller network and via the Versasec web site: https://versasec.com. Follow us on Twitter (@versasec), LinkedIn (@versasec) and Facebook (@versasec).