Brisbane, Australia, May 19, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- The keynote speakers of the 42nd World Hospital Congress have been announced. The World Hospital Congress, IHF’s cornerstone event, is a unique global forum that brings together leaders of national and international hospital and healthcare organizations and key industry drivers to share knowledge, expertise and best practices in hospital and healthcare management and delivery of services.
This year’s World Hospital Congress, hosted by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association, will be held on 10-12 October in Brisbane, Australia with the theme How can healthcare evolve to meet 21st century demands?
Globally health systems are in transition. Impacts of new technology, changing demographics and disease profiles, funding pressures, new models of care and more are driving transformation. A number of distinguished keynote speakers will share insights on how healthcare organizations can harness the benefits and overcome the obstacles of transitioning health systems:
1. Prof Jeffrey Braithwaite, Foundation Director, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, Macquarie University (Australia)
2. Nigel Edwards, Chief Executive, Nuffield Trust (UK)
3. Prof Claire Jackson, Director, UQ-MRI Centre for Health System Reform and Integration, University of Queensland (Australia)
4. Dr Daphne Khoo, Deputy Director Medical Services (Healthcare Performance Group), Ministry of Health Singapore
5. Dr Karen Knight, General Manager Advocacy and Engagement / QLD, NSW & NT Client Services, Vision Australia
6. Nagwa Metwally, Patients for Patient Safety (Egypt)
7. Chris Pointon, Co-founder, #hellomynameis (UK)
8. Prof Elizabeth Teisberg, Executive Director, Value Institute for Health and Care, Dell Medical School, University of Texas at Austin (USA)
9. Melissa Thomason, Patient Advisor, American Board of Family Medicine (USA)
10. Harold F. Wolf III, President & CEO, HIMSS (USA)
Aside from the keynote sessions, there will also be plenary panel discussions, concurrent sessions, poster presentations, exhibition, the IHF Awards Ceremony and networking events.
For more information about the Congress visit: www.hospitalcongress2018.com