Barcelona, Spain, September 06, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- WoMaster adapted the latest international redundancy protocol ITU-T G.8032 v2 ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching) for all its Ethernet and PoE switches product lines.
ITU-T G.8032 v2 ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching) is the first industry standard for Ethernet ring protection switching, achieved by integrating mature Ethernet operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) functions and an automatic protection switching (APS) protocol for Ethernet ring networks.
IDC experts point out the trend of G.8032 v.2 ERPS becoming the most common standard for redundancy on industrial networks and replacing proprietary ring redundancy and standard Ethernet Ring Switching, as it provides stable protection of the entire Ethernet Ring from any loops. With the growth of the network scale, the calculation and response time in case of loop formation increases and could be from 2~120 sec to 5 minutes, and this is completely unacceptable in critical networks where the uninterrupted communication is required. Loops fatally affect network operation and service availability, thus, deploying network equipment with supported ITU-T G.8032 v2 ERPS with less than 50ms recovery time will significantly increase network reliability for critical IIoT applications, such as heavy industrial automation (power substation and oil and gas vertical markets), ITS (traffic control, public transportation), railway networks, and other smart city applications concerning public safety.
G.8032 v1 standard supported single ring topology, whilst G.8032 version 2 additionally features recovery switching for Ethernet traffic in Multiple Ring (ladder) of conjoined Ethernet Rings by one or more interconnections which saves deployment costs by providing wide-area multipoint connectivity with reduced number of links, which is the best solution for complex large-scale industrial networks.
Deploying switches with support of G.8032 v2 ERPS ensures highly resilient Ethernet infrastructure whilst simultaneously saving costs, as they can interoperate with third party switches and still guarantee fast network recovery time without any data loss.
For more information regarding G.8032 v2 ERPS and downloading White Paper, visit:
Product lines supporting G.8032 v2 ERPS include the following models:
- MP614 - Industrial 14G Layer 3 Managed M12 PoE Switch
- MP310 - Industrial 7+3G L2 Managed M12 PoE switch for rolling stocks
- DP612 - Industrial 8G PoE + 4GF Layer 3 PoE Cyber Security Switch
- DS612 - Industrial 12G Layer 3 Managed Switch
- DP412 - Industrial 8G + 4GF Layer 2 PoE Cyber Security Switch
- DS412 - Industrial 8G + 4GF Layer 2 Cyber Security Switch
- DS409 - Industrial 9G L2 Managed rugged Ethernet switch with high resilience
- DP406 - Industrial 4G+2G SFP Managed PoE Switch
- DS406 - Industrial 4G+2G SFP Managed Ethernet Switch
- DP310 - Industrial 8+2G Managed PoE switch for intelligent IP-surveillance
- DS310 - Industrial 8+2G Managed Ethernet switch for heavy industrial applications
- DS306 - Industrial 6port Managed Ethernet Switch
About WoMaster :
WoMaster Group is an international group with over 20 years of industrial market experience. We provide rugged products with customer oriented support for critical applications such as railway, power and utility, waste water, intelligent transportation and IP surveillance. WoMaster product range includes Industrial Networking and Computing products.