Ridgefield Park, NJ, October 11, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Vitex LLC, a leading supplier of fiber optic components announced today that the company added an integrated tunable laser assembly to its portfolio. The LYTLS7600 is a tunable laser assembly compatible with the OIF “Integrable Tunable Laser Assembly” (ITLA) MSA -based on a novel monolithic InP chip that integrates a tunable MG-Y laser with a semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA).
The MG-Y (Modulated Grating Y-branch) laser is an electronically tuned device that can address any wavelength in the C-band. Since no mechanical or thermal adjustments are necessary, channel switching is fast with straightforward control circuitry. The assembly contains all electronics necessary to control the laser, offering users a simple and well-defined digital command interface.
• Full C-band tuning (89 channels at 50 GHz spacing)
• High, flexibly adjustable output power, from 9 to 13 dBm
• Low power dissipation, typically < 3.7 W at 75°C
• High side-mode suppression ratio > 40 dB
• Channel to channel tuning time < 0.1 s
• Tunable DWDM transponders and transceivers
• Dynamic provisioning and wavelength routing in metro DWDM systems
• Reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADM)
• Optical packet or burst-mode switching Test and measurement
“We are pleased to announce launch of this new tunable laser,” stated Michael Ko, Managing Director at Vitex. “Our goal has always been to leverage the capabilities of our manufacturers and bring top quality products to our US customers.”
Vitex will be showcasing tunable laser and other fiber optic products including transceivers at booth # 1610 at SCTE CableTec expo. The event will take place in Atlanta October 23-25.
Vitex is a leader in providing high performance photonics solutions for fiber optic communications, Pro AV, and video transmission markets. Since 2003, Vitex has been working with high quality manufacturers in Asia to serve customers in North America. Vitex was founded in February 2003 and is based in New Jersey, USA.