Bend, OR, March 18, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- EventMingle today announced it has been selected as the official online social networking application for Interop Las Vegas, Software 2008 and CSI:Security Exchange (CSI SX), produced by TechWeb (formerly CMP), happening April 27 – May 2, 2008 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV.
Interop is the leading global business technology event, bringing together IT and business leaders to see all of the latest technologies in action. This year Interop Las Vegas will also host Software 2008, the must attend event of the year for software industry executives and IT professionals as well as CSI SX. CSI serves the needs of security professionals through educational events, research, awareness tools and membership publications.
EventMingle has created a custom online community for their attendees, speakers and exhibitors. You can find it on the web at http://www.EventMingle.com/LV08
EventMingle offers participants these features:
• Matching and Collaboration Tools – EventMingle will match attendees, speakers and exhibitors based on their personal profile and goals for the event. EventMingle promotes networking among all participants.
• Internal E-mail System – Attendees, speakers and exhibitors will use EventMingle's built-in e-mail system to communicate without revealing personal contact information.
• Advanced Search Features - Participants can search for people based on location, title and interests. Attendees also can meet other people who plan to attend a specific conference session or booth. Exhibitors can connect with attendees interested in specific products and services, find speakers who are covering their products and can also identify other exhibitors who would make a good business partner.
• Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory - Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current news releases and scheduled booth events. Exhibitors also can give attendees the ability to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
• Press Center - Attendees can use the EventMingle portal to view all recent news releases from exhibiting companies.
• Message Forums - The message forums allow people to discuss exhibitors, news releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
• The Daily Planner – Participants will create a detailed to-do list they can take with them to the event. EventMingle becomes attendees’ personal assistant in helping them get organized for the event before leaving for the airport.
“Event Mingle proved to be a valuable networking tool for the IT professionals who attended Interop in 2007,” said Alex Dunne, Interop’s online executive producer. “We are happy to partner with Event Mingle again for our Interop, CSI and Software 2008 this year.”
“We’re very pleased to be working with the team at TechWeb again this year to create their custom networking community for Interop Las Vegas, Software 2008 and CSI SX. TechWeb has done a tremendous job of creating a must attend event for IT and Business Leaders, Software Executives and Security Experts to meet and interact during the six days in Las Vegas. With EventMingle’s latest enhancements to our Daily Planner tools, each participant will now be able to use our powerful calendar and task management tools to enable them to make more appointments, see more products and network with more people,” said Jim Harrer, co-founder of EventMingle.
Interop® drives the adoption of technology, providing knowledge and insight to help IT and corporate decision-makers achieve business success. Part of CMP Technology’s family of global brands, Interop is the leading business technology event series. Through in-depth educational programs, workshops, real-world demonstrations and live technology implementations in its unique InteropNet and InteropLabs programs, Interop provides the forum for the most powerful innovations and solutions the industry has to offer. As the meeting place for the global business technology community, upcoming Interop events include Interop Moscow 2008, April 23-24, 2008, Forum Hall, Moscow; Interop Tokyo 2008, June 9-13, 2008, Mukahari Messe, Tokyo, Interop Sao Paulo, August 12-14, 2008, Transamerica Expo Center, and Interop New York, September 15-19, 2008 Javits Convention Center, New York City. For more information about these events visit www.interop.com.
About TechWeb (formerly CMP)
TechWeb, the global leader in business technology media, is an innovative business focused on serving the needs of technology decision-makers and marketers worldwide. TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed media brands in the business technology market. Today, more than 10 million business technology professionals actively engage with and rely on their global face-to-face events, including Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and VoiceCon; online resources such as the TechWeb Network, Light Reading, Intelligent Enterprise, InformationWeek.com, bMighty.com, and The Financial Technology Network; and the market leading, award-winning InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, TechNet and MSDN Magazines. TechWeb also provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation performance marketing, custom media, research, and analyst services. TechWeb is a division of United Business Media (http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com/), a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior, during and after the event. EventMingle improves networking among all participants while helping participants create an “action plan” prior to leaving for the event. EventMingle was launched in December 2005.
EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Bend, Oregon. See http://www.EventMingle.com. For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980