New York, NY, October 17, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Versasec, the leader in smart card management systems, announced vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.3 today. The latest version of its flagship identity and access management (IAM) solution includes a variety of important improvements as well as support for additional industry-leading smart cards and tokens, including Gemalto's eTokens and smart cards.
With Version 5.3, Versasec has added many new features to the vSEC:CMS S-Series:
* Enables integration into other operations through a new Operator Console COM API
* Improves server-side integration with vSEC:CMS through the new Lifecycle SOAP API
* Offers improved initialization/registration workflows for Gemalto SafeNet eTokens
* Includes support for Gemalto IDPrime PIV 2.1 smart cards
* Adds support for Yubico YubiKey 5 tokens
* Includes the Versasec Activator tool that enables license and Operator Key Store issuance, and operator card creation in the vSEC:CMS installation package
* Improves management of different types of security devices through stricter card configuration templates management
* Provides a major speed improvement in AD group membership validation
* Adds both digital signature and time stamps for vSEC:CMS installation packages
* Also includes a variety of general improvements and corrections.
"The popularity of Gemalto smart cards continues to grow very quickly, so our ability to support so many Gemalto smart cards is very important for our customer base," said Joakim Thorén, CEO of Versasec. "We're currently seeing quarterly triple-digit growth in this segment, which truly illustrates that IT organizations are now focusing on improving their identity and access management solutions to tackle ever-increasing cybersecurity threats."
While most companies recognize the importance of two-factor authentication (2FA) of user identities, managing their 2FA implementations with proprietary solutions in-house can be time consuming and costly. Versasec's cost-effective, easily implemented and intuitive vSEC:CMS solutions remove the barriers to true identity and access management. Versasec vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects. Existing users and other interested parties interested in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.3 should visit the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com.
Versasec is the leading provider of state-of-the-art highly secure identity and access management solutions. With its flagship product, vSEC:CMS, Versasec eases the deployment of physical and virtual smart cards for enterprises of any size. Versasec's solutions enable its customers to securely authenticate, issue and manage user credentials more cost effectively than other solutions on the market.
Versasec maintains its mission of providing solutions that are affordable and easy to integrate, coupled with first-class support, maintenance, and training. Versasec customers include HSBC, Tieto, Raiffeisenbank, Hornbach, Daimler, Australia's Department of Defence, European Commission, Qualcomm, eBay, Saudi Aramco, IMF, L'Oreal and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Versasec has offices in Sweden, Dubai, Singapore, the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Germany.
Versasec's products and services can be purchased and delivered worldwide through an extensive reseller network and via the Versasec web site: https://versasec.com. Follow us on Twitter (@versasec), LinkedIn (@versasec) and Facebook (@versasec).