Wayne, PA, March 19, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Now that the weather is getting warmer it’s time to do some spring cleaning. Whether preparing your home for sale or just dusting off the winter clutter, follow these 6 simple tips to clean up:
1. Start with one room. Do not proceed to the next room until you have determined what you don’t need. Decide what you Really use and what is just taking up space.
2. Take a good look at those big items. You probably have one or more pieces of furniture cluttering up your rooms. If you’re not using it, someone else can. If you don’t know anyone local who needs the item(s), you can ship large items to a friend or relative in another state—or make some money by selling on eBay.
3. Don’t pay a full-load mover to send large pieces. Instead contact a small move specialist such as TSI (www.transitsystems.com). Small move specialists will move a single sofa or a room full of furniture a lot cheaper than a full-load mover. (They combine pickups from a given area and transport multiple shipments on one truck to reduce your cost). You get full service from a professional mover, including inside pickup and delivery and blanket wrapping, but you pay less.
4. You can box up and ship clothing the same way. Or give it away. Get rid of anything that you have not worn in the last two years. There are many charities that would be more than happy to have them.
5. Clean floors, walls, windows, curtains, blinds and baseboards—now that you can get to them.
6. Clean up and organize your personal and work files. Now that your home is clean, start cleaning up your personal and work paperwork. Remember to organize and clean out your electronic files too — including email.
Once you’ve organized everything and gotten rid of the clutter and winter dust, you can go outside and enjoy the nice weather—and when colder weather returns, you’ll be happy the clutter is gone.
TSI is a nationwide provider of freight services, small moves, and local moves to consumers and small businesses. In business for over 19 years, TSI is licensed by the Department of Transportation and is an Approved Vendor for The UPS Store® and Mail Boxes Etc.® centers. Editors can contact Heather Hukow at 610-535-4921.