Vancouver, WA, November 14, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Released in 2017, Varasset 6 was a rebuild of the company’s software on a contemporary technology stack, allowing Varasset to be utilized on any browser, on any device. In V6.4, a new user interface theme and SAML authentication are a couple of the improvements.
The new user interface theme features revised screen layouts which greatly enhance usability, with a visual focus on the most important information.
With security being top-of-mind today, “Single Sign-On” (SAML) authentication is now supported. SAML authentication increases security and enables the ease of accessing multiple applications with one logon.
While Compatible Units and Estimating tool were a wonderful enhancement to the core product, this release makes it simpler to use. An Estimate Template, containing reusable details, can be applied to new Compatible Unit estimates, allowing faster creation of commonly executed job costing.
Varasset has enhanced their powerful Business Process Management workflow functionality by decreasing clicks and increasing ease of use with this tool. Some of these enhancements include:
- Dynamic assignment of workflow user tasks utilizing the new Entity Actor feature
- Ability to claim an unassigned workflow task as your own
- Reassignment of a workflow task to a specific User or Team, along with automated email notification of the assignments
- Real-time management of running workflows and tasks from enhanced administration screens
And, they have enhanced Communication Manager, the Varasset tool used to streamline and automate the permitting process, from planning to field work. Already an improvement for communication between asset owners and attachers / colocators, their customers are seeing this as an ideal way to handle one-touch-make-ready, small-cell / 5G deployments, and revised FCC rules. Some of those enhancements:
- A "Create" function which now behaves like a wizard
- A "Form" function which remembers what the user last chose, for quick creation of similar entries
- Templates which can be configured to start a workflow automatically upon creation
- And, Google Map asset selection capability, which allows users to find assets quickly without having to launch an Esri map.
Varasset is dynamic, always developing, and continually growing to meet the current and future needs of their customers.
Varasset’s software is implemented in power utilities, telecommunication and cable companies across the US. Varasset work and asset management functions support capital asset construction, repair, and preventive maintenance projects from start to finish, with complete insight into workers, materials, costs and vendors at every stage. Varasset is also the leading software platform for managing joint use of utility assets.
Varasset’s core functionality includes:
- Asset management
- Work order and project management
- Full-lifecycle utility pole joint use
- Mobile work, inspections and preventive maintenance
- Esri integration
- Business intelligence and data analysis