London, United Kingdom, December 05, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- SMi Group is proud to announce the 11th annual Adaptive Designs in Clinical Trials conference and exhibition will return to London from the 1st – 2nd April 2019. With the growing popularity in use and acceptance of adaptive designs in clinical trials - demonstrated most recently with the new FDA draft guidance on adaptive designs – there is a pressing need for a forum which explores this increasingly normalized medical methodology.
Hosting in-depth presentations from regulatory agencies, researchers and biostatisticians, the meeting will cover how personalized medicine, platform trials, response-adaptive randomization, signature designs, estimand framework, bayesian methods and digital innovation are revolutionizing the drug development process both in Europe and North America.
Featured speakers include:
- Sandeep Menon, Vice President and Head of Early Clinical Development, Pfizer
- Simon Wandel, Associate Director, Statistical Methodology and Consulting, Novartis
- Solange Corriol-Rohou, Senior Director Regulatory Affairs and Policy, EU, AstraZeneca
- Christine Fletcher, Executive Director Biostatistics, Amgen
- Philip Hougaard, Vice President Biometrics, H. Lundbeck
- Beatrice Panico, Medical Assessor, MHRA
- Kaspar Rufibach, Principal Statistical Scientist, Roche
- Andrea Callegaro, Senior Manager, Biostatistician, GSK Vaccines
- Sofia Villar, Senior Statistician, MRC Centre
A few event highlights include:
- See how the regulatory environment for adaptive drug design is shifting across the continent with insights from the MHRA, Amgen, AstraZeneca and Berry Consulting
- Explore the therapeutic potential of adaptive designs with real-world examples from H.Lundbeck, GSK Vaccines, Pfizer and Novartis
- Listen to how the latest platform trial case studies, such as that of the EPAD project and the MS Society initiative, are impacting pharmaceutical development
- Delve into the long-standing discussion of Bayesian vs. frequentist designs
- Discover the latest research in response-adaptive designs: trials for rare diseases and looking forward
A complete list of speakers and their presentations is available to view at www.adaptivedesigns.co.uk/prcom
Registration is live on the website. A £400 Early Bird discount is currently available for bookings made by 14th December.
Who should attend:
· Clinical project managers
· Clinical research advisors
· Clinical Trials Directors
· Clinical scientists
· Quantitative scientists
Adaptive Designs in Clinical Trials
1-2 April 2019
Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London, UK
For media enquiries contact Jinna Sidhu on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6088 / Email:
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk.