Hersonissos, Greece, January 04, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- Operating by focusing on people and strengthening the local community, Creta Maris Beach Resort actively supported 15 organizations/ bodies in Crete and offered food, bottle caps, linen and other equipment.
More specifically, the resort:
- Contributed to the purchase of equipment and two lifts for disabled people for the monastery of Panagia Gouverniotissa.
- With the contribution of its guests and employees the resort donated money through a box of the Non-profitable Organization "The Smile of the Child," which was handed over at the end of the summer season.
- Collected bottle caps and offered them at the end of the season to the organization “Association Right to Life” in order to support the purchase of wheelchairs for people with disabilities.
- Donated 1,653 linen as well as electrical appliances to the following 12 organizations / bodies: Monastery of Paliani Veneratos, Department of Social Protection, Education and Culture of the Municipality of Hersonissos, Homeless Center of the Municipality of Heraklion, Development Agency Of Heraklion (in the context of the temporary accommodation of refugees of the UNHCR - The UN Refugee Agency), Organization for Social Solidarity & Education of the Municipality of Archanes - Asteroussia, Medical Center “Agia Varvara,” Neapolis’ prison, General Hospital of Rethymnon, General Hopsital of Heraklion “Venizeleio,” 28th & 57th Primary Schools of Heraklion and the care facilities for the elderly “Zesti Agkalia” & “Hjem.”
- In the context of the resort’s annual Christmas donation, 3,394.5 kg of food were delivered to the Organization "The Smile of the Child" and to the Department of Social Protection, Education and Culture of the Municipality of Hersonissos.
The General Manager of Creta Maris Beach Resort, Mr. Nikos Vlassiadis stated the following: "People are the cornerstone of Creta Maris Beach Resort’s philosophy and the philosophy of the Metaxas Group of Companies in general. We believe that the contribution to maintain social cohesion and the investment in the well-being of the local society are prerequisites for a long-term sustainable operation of a business and that is exactly what we do in Creta Maris. I would like to thank all our employees, who contributed to the realization of all the aforementioned actions and to commit that we will continue to do our outmost in order to offer smiles to those who are in need!"
About Creta Maris Beach Resort:
Creta Maris Beach Resort with a capacity of 680 rooms, has been originally launched in 1975 and is situated next to Hersonissos, just 25 minutes (24km) from the Heraklion Airport. With a capacity of 680 rooms, suites and bungalows, 6 restaurants, 7 bars, 7 swimming pools, gym, Hammam spa, Asterias Children’s Club, and a great space for outdoor and indoor activities, Creta Maris is a blend of tradition and luxury together on a beautiful beach with crystal clear waters where guests can experience the authentic Cretan hospitality.
Please find pictures on high resolution on the below link:
Please find pictures of Creta Maris Beach Resort on high resolution on their site: