Leaders from DHS, Utilities, Regulators, Industry and Dept. of Defense Convene for Strategies and Innovations to Improve DERS Integration and Microgrid Projects
Roosevelt Strategic Council (RSC), well known for its years of service to the defense, intelligence and federal government communities, will be bringing its senior level strategic educational and networking forums to the energy sector February 26 – 27, 2019 at their Microgrids & DERS Summit WEST. The Summit is being hosted at The Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center, San Diego State University, CA.
“We push the speakers and attendees hard on dialogue and debate, wanting everyone to walk away with actionable outcomes,” stated Monica Mckenzie, Managing Partner, Roosevelt Strategic Council.
“After a successful east coast iteration this past September, we decided to bring the discussion to the west coast. We find that great outcomes can occur when we put folks in a room together for two days that don’t necessarily talk to each other on a day to day basis and come from varying sector expertise. They discover how there are areas for collaboration and teaming, or they gain a perspective or insight from someone else that helps them do their job better,” Ms. Mckenzie further stated.
Over 25 top level leaders and innovators that will be speaking at the forum and include:
- Maj. Gen Kevin Spacy, USAF, Commander, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center
- Mr. Mark Kneidinger, SES, Deputy Director, The National Risk Management Center, Department of Homeland Security
-Mr. Jonathan Adelman, Vice President, Strategic Resources and Business Planning, Xcel Energy
- Dr. Thomas Bialek, Chief Engineer, SDG&E
- Mr. Andy Butcher Chief Operating Officer, Platte River Power Authority
- Mr. Louis Ting, Director of Power Planning Development & Engineering, LADWP
- Col. John Hurley, Commander, U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville
- Mr. Branden Sudduth, Vice President of Reliability Planning and Performance Analysis, WECC
- Mr. Drew Bohan, Executive Director, California Energy Commission
“We are excited to offer the energy sector the chance to convene in our forum, and look forward to fostering collaborative efforts and partnerships for the community that will gather while providing them an in depth interchange of knowledge towards DERS integration and advanced microgrids,” further stated Ms. Mckenzie.
The agenda and details can be found at: rscouncil.org/microgridswest
The Summit is open to the public, but seating is limited.