Oceanside, NY, January 25, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- South Nassau Communities Hospital continued its tradition of excellence in 2018 by earning top awards and certifications in a wide range of patient care specialties.
"South Nassau's commitment to innovation and quality patient care makes these achievements possible," said Richard J. Murphy, president & CEO at South Nassau. "I am extraordinarily proud of our team of more than 3,500 healthcare professionals and thank them for their dedication to excellence."
The awards for safety, quality and service excellence that South Nassau earned during the past year include:
• The Joint Commission Perinatal Care Certification (First Long Island Hospital to Earn Joint Commission Certification)
• HomeCare Elite™ listing of the top 25% of home health care providers in the US
• Infectious Diseases Society of America Antimicrobial Stewardship Centers of Excellence designation
• Meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care involving surgical cases performed in 2017 from the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (one of just 83 hospitals in the country to earn this prestigious recognition)
• Three-year accreditation in mammography from The American College of Radiology (ACR)
• American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet® re-designation
• Healthgrades Top 10 Percent of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Procedures, Gynecologic Procedures Excellence Award, Superior Performance in Gynecologic Procedures Award, 5-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy
• Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™
• Healthgrades 5-star ratings for Total Knee Replacement, Total Hip Replacement and Hip Fracture Treatment
• Healthgrades Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019
• Healthgrades 2019 Coronary Intervention Excellence Award
• Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional procedures
• Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia five years in a row
• Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy
• Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Gastrointestinal
• Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Critical Care in 2019
• Healthgrades Healthgrades Patient Safety Award, Healthgrades Top 5 Percent of Hospitals for Patient Safety, Healthgrades Top 10 Percent of Hospitals for Patient Safety
• Becker's Hospital Review "100 Hospitals with Great Women's Health Programs"
• Re-accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
• TCU US News & World Report Top Nursing Homes in America
The Long Island flagship hospital of the Mount Sinai Health System, South Nassau® Communities Hospital is Designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for outstanding nursing care. South Nassau is one of the region's largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care in cardiac, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric, pain management, mental health and emergency services.
In addition to its extensive outpatient specialty centers, South Nassau provides emergency and elective angioplasty, and offers Novalis Tx™ and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery technologies. South Nassau operates the only Trauma Center on the South Shore of Nassau County verified by the American College of Surgeons as well as Long Island's only free-standing, 9-1-1 receiving Emergency Department in Long Beach. South Nassau also is a designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons, and is an accredited center of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Association and Quality Improvement Program.
In addition, the hospital has been awarded the Joint Commission's gold seal of approval for disease-specific care for stroke, hip and knee replacement, heart failure, bariatric surgery, wound care and end-stage renal disease.