Washington, DC, February 06, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- Establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient insider threat program requires a multitude of capabilities working in tandem to tackle a human problem of malicious or non-malicious intent towards causing some level of harm to an organization; from effective program management and employee buy-in and training to employing the most efficient technical tool sets. There is no one singular solution, and yet all pieces of an insider threat program are as relevant as the next.
For this iteration, the topic areas will include:
1. Leadership considerations and perspectives towards implementing an InT program
2. How do you articulate the value in the context that is meaningful and creates actionable intelligence to Executive stakeholders? Clearly defining what could happen by not dedicating resources to an InT program.
3. What tools are available to help Executive leadership navigate and understand the threat landscape?
4. Where in the Executive Office should efforts be focused to achieve buy-in commitment?
5. Capabilities of current InT programs that are proving effective and have a level of measurability
ITA Executive Committee Member Mr. Tim Murphy, President, Thomson Reuters Special Services, LLC (TRSS), and former Deputy Director, FBI will serve as Chairman.
Several speakers include:
Ms. Patricia Stokes, SES, Director, Defense Vetting Directorate (DVD), Defense Security Service (DSS)
Dr. Brad Millick, SES, Director for Insider Threat, OUSD (I)
Mr. David Lowy, SES, Deputy Director of Security, Special Program Oversight and Information Protection, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force
Mr. John Abreu, Senior Policy Advisor, National Security Division, U.S. Dept. of Justice
Mr. Trent Teyema, SVP and CTO, Parsons Corporation (former FBI Chief of Cyber Readiness and CyD COO -Section Chief (SES) Cyber Division)
Mr. Douglas Thomas, Director of Counterintelligence Operations and Corporate Investigations, Lockheed Martin Corp
ITA Executive Committee Member, Mr. Donald Skiados, Director of Sales Engineering, TransUnion
The Summit is open to any U.S. citizen who is a stakeholder in preventing, detecting and mitigating insider threats. Seating is limited in order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue among speaker and attendees, seating will be limited.
Registration is almost full. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military, government and State personnel attend complimentary.
Anyone interested in participating can visit Insider Threat Alliance’s website at https://insiderthreatalliance.org/summit or contact Monica Mckenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1.917.435.1266
Summit is closed to press / No recordings