Prague, Czech Republic, February 29, 2020 --(PR.com
)-- Devart, a recognized vendor of professional database management software for developers and data connectivity solutions, announced the release of a new version of ADO.NET provider for Oracle with advanced ORM support – dotConnect for Oracle 9.11. The new release contains a huge set of new features, Direct mode improvements, and Oracle-specific technologies support.
The release includes such key enhancements as:
1) Oracle Sharding Support. Oracle Sharding technology allows splitting a database into multiple ones – database shards, hosted on different physically independent servers, and work with it transparently as with a single logical database – sharded database.
Sharded databases provide many performance benefits – linear scalability, geographical data distribution, etc. But the best practice is when an application mostly uses small short-living sessions that work only with a limited set of data from a single shard – perform single-shard queries.
dotConnect for Oracle now provides the OracleShardingKey class and SetShardingKey method of OracleConnection that allow users to specify sharding key and perform single shard queries most efficiently. Though, Oracle Sharding is supported only in the OCI mode.
2) OracleCredential Class. The new OracleCredential class allows specifying credentials for connecting to Oracle in a more secure way than a plain-text connection string. It stores the password as a SecureString, which is encrypted in unmanaged memory on the Windows platform. Note that it is supported only in the OCI mode.
3) Query Result Change Notification Support. QRCN, along with Object Change Notification, is a part of Oracle’s Continuous Query Notification technology, which allows a client application to register a query for notifications when its result data changes in the database.
In the recent release, the vendor has updated the OracleDependency class and other classes implemented previously for Object Change Notification support. Now customers can use them for both parts of Oracle’s Continuous Query Notification technology.
4) SSL/TLS Support in Direct Mode. With the new version of dotConnect for Oracle, the SSL/TLS encryption can be used both in Direct mode and in OCI mode. Customers can either use certificates from Oracle Wallet or Microsoft Certificate Storage or simply encode it to a base64 string and specify it as a connection string parameter.
5) .NET Standard Support Improvements. The new version of dotConnect for Oracle contains a new set of assemblies, compatible with .NET Standard 2.1, which allow selecting OracleHome to use, unlike assemblies for lower .NET Standard versions. Additionally, OracleDataTable and OracleDataSet classes are now available in .NET Standard compatible assemblies.
Other new features include support for connection using the SYSRAC role, GetSchema method improvements, SSIS 2019 support, etc. To learn more about the recent release, please visit — https://blog.devart.com/new-features-in-dotconnect-for-oracle-9-11.html.
Devart is one of the leading developers of database tools and administration software, ALM solutions, data providers for various database servers, data integration and backup solutions. The company also implements Web and Mobile development projects.
For additional information about Devart, visit https://www.devart.com/