San Francisco, CA, July 02, 2020 --(PR.com
)-- SMi Group is holding the inaugural Pre-filled Syringes San Francisco conference, taking place on the 14th and 15th September 2020, in San Francisco, USA.
Who should attend:
• Drug-delivery developers
• Medical Device Engineers
• Primary Packaging material designers
• Secondary packagers
• Smart device developers
• Training device developers
• Device-safety solution providers
• Drug developers
To find out more about the Inaugural Pre-Filled Syringes San Francisco conference, please visit: http://www.prefilled-sanfrancisco.com/prcom7
The Pre-filled Syringes San Francisco Conference will be presenting a variety of topics, below are some key presentations:
"Developing custom syringes for highly viscous formulations"
• Gilead and West are developing a custom cyclic oleﬁn polymer (COP) syringe to enable delivery of viscous formulations through subcutaneous injection needles.
• Due to the high injection forces required, syringe stresses and failure modes had to be well understood to inform design improvements.
• The ﬁnal syringe design can withstand forces in excess of 500N, while remaining ISO 11040-6 compliant to facilitate ﬁll/ﬁnish activities.
Walter Goodwin, Device Engineer, Device Development & Clinical Packaging Engineering, Gilead Sciences.
"Connected devices and their potential to deliver user beneﬁts"
• What are connected systems of devices and why would a sponsor elect to develop a connected system
• Potential beneﬁts of connected devices and the trade-offs
• Usability considerations of connected devices
Katie Atkinson, Manager, Human Factors Engineering, Bigfoot Biomedical
"Post-Market safety reporting (PMSR) for combination products – Implementation"
• Summary of implemented updates to the guidance for industry
• Strategies in implementation of PMSR and its application to drugs and devices
• Industry response and developments - what have we seen in industry already and what is still needed?
• Case study: implementation of PMSR for a combination product
Khaudeja Bano, Senior Medical Director, Abbott Laboratorie
To register and see brochure with the full workshop agenda, and speaker line-up, visit: http://www.prefilled-sanfrancisco.com/prcom7
Pre-filled Syringes San Francisco
14th – 15th September 2020
Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco
Proudly sponsored by: Credence MedSystems | Mitsubishi Gas Chemical | PHC Corporation | Plastic Ingenuity | Steris | Steri-Tek | Sumitomo | Zeon Speciality Materials|
For media queries, please contact: Jinna Sidhu at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7827 6088.
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk.