London, United Kingdom, January 08, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- This September, prior to the prestigious Société Internationale d'Urologie (SIU) Congress taking place from 2nd to 6th September, Galil Medical is sponsoring Europe’s first ‘Advances in Minimally Invasive Techniques in Urology’ symposium.
Minimally invasive techniques are gaining momentum for the management of both benign and malignant conditions and so this exciting and interactive symposium is timely. The symposium is dedicated to the latest advancements in cryoablation for treating prostate and renal cancer and laser technologies for BPH, and will feature live surgeries.
Dr Hervé Baumert, part of the symposium’s faculty and head of the department of Urology at the Paris Saint Joseph Hospital Trust said: “The goal of this symposium is to promote minimally invasive cryotherapy and laser procedures for treating urological conditions by bringing the newest technologic advancements to physicians.”
The symposium is taking place on Saturday 1st September 2007 from 9.00am – 5pm at the Paris Saint Joseph Hospital Trust in Paris. Physicians interested in learning about cutting edge therapeutic medical devices for the treatment of prostate and renal cancer and BPH are encouraged to attend. The symposium is sponsored by an educational grant from Galil Medical, who will also be providing the equipment along with Karl Storz and Lisa Laser Products.
An impressive faculty will be in attendance at the symposium and includes:
• Dr Tev Aho, Consultant Urologist, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, UK
• Dr Hervé Baumert, Head of the department of Urology, Paris Saint Joseph Hospital Trust, France
• Prof John G Baust, Department of Biological Sciences, Binghamton University, US
• Dr Shmuel Cytron, Department of Urology, Barzilay Medical Center, Askelon, Israel
Prof Jean De La Rosette, Director Centre for Minimal Invasive Urology, University Medical Centre, St Radboud, The Netherlands
• Dr Olivier Dumonceau, Paris Saint Joseph Hospital Trust, France
• Prof Damian Greene, Consultant Urologist, Sunderland, UK
• Mr Derek Jerome, from Galil Medical UK
• Dr Pilar Laguna, Department of Urology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Dr Stefano Mattioli, Urologist, Milan, Italy
• Dr Vincent Molinié, Paris Saint Joseph hospital trust, France
• Mr Heino Teichmann, from Germany
For further details and to register, please contact Helena Symeou at hsdcommunications at email@example.com.