Gambit Makes MIMIC Simulations Faster with Version 9.00, MIMIC Now Includes Special Tools for HP Openview and IBM Tivoli
Gambit Communications, a leading provider of network and SNMP simulation tools, today announced the release of a new version of its MIMIC® Simulator software featuring easier to create and faster simulations. The simulations now have 50 to 400% faster responses.
MIMIC creates a virtual test lab with thousands of networking devices. Enterprise network engineers use it to record the production network and duplicate it in the test lab to do a complete evaluation before purchase and testing before deployment of network management applications.
Uwe Zimmermann President and CTO: “Users recognize the value MIMIC offers during application evaluation and QA, including creation of disaster scenarios. This latest release fully extends MIMIC’s capabilities to Windows Server 2008 environments, creates significantly faster recording and simulations, thereby enabling users to create more scalable virtual networks.”
“We needed to test our XMS software to verify the performance and scalability in large Wi-Fi networks. Selecting MIMIC made it easier and cost effective for us to do that," said Ali Fatollahi, Sr. QA Engineer at Xirrus. "With MIMIC, it is as close as you can get virtually to have a physical network with such a scale. We found MIMIC saving us time and money so we purchased another license to double the capacity."
MIMIC 9.00 new features highlights include:
- Complete support for Windows Server 2008 - along with Windows Vista, XP and other Windows, Solaris and Linux platforms, now you can also run MIMIC on the Windows Server 2008 platform.
- MIMIC now includes a fast option to record networking devices. The simulated devices respond much faster to management queries. The performance increase is at least 50%. If there are more variables packed into a PDU, the difference in speed is even faster, up to 4 times.
- HP Openview Network Node Manager and IBM Tivoli Netview recording tools – to record the same network that those management applications see. This makes it easier to duplicate the managed network.
- Better diagnosis of the query/response messages - full tracing is enabled to better diagnose encrypted PDUs. This removes the need for the use of protocol analyzers to diagnose the traffic.
- Support for the latest tools, Tcl 8.5.2 - improve the overall performance making MIMIC more robust.
- Additional enhancements related to the performance.
- More pre-compiled MIBs in the MIB library including HP Procurve MIBs.
- More devices in the device library.
MIMIC Simulator 9.00 (SNMP, IOS, Cable Modem and IPMI) is available immediately from Gambit.
MIMIC provides an inexpensive way for enterprises, device vendors, management and software developers to evaluate, test, demo, develop, train and certify management applications without purchasing equipment and maintaining labs for those functions. MIMIC has the ability to simulate up to 20,000 devices from one workstation. MIMIC simulations can be distributed over multiple platforms for enterprise simulation testing of even larger environments. MIMIC includes user-friendly wizards for importing new MIBs, recording large networks, creating device simulations and network topologies, and provides full support for SNMP(v1, v2, v3), IPv6, IPMI, DHCP, TFTP, RMON(1, 2) as well as Telnet/Cisco IOS.
About Gambit Communications, Inc.
Founded in 1995, Gambit Communications is a leader in network and SNMP simulation tools that enhance the productivity of management software developers and enterprise users while lowering their costs. MIMIC Simulator is a modular family of simulators used by leading networking vendors for use in applications from development and testing to operator training and disaster simulations. Gambit Communications’ portfolio of over 500 customers includes: JP Morgan, VISA, Shell, US Army, US Air Force, IBM, HP, CA, Cisco, Intel, AT&T, MCI, Nortel, Alcatel, Marconi, Lucent, BMC, InfoVista, and Ericsson. For more information on Gambit and MIMIC, please visit www.gambitcommunications.com.
MIMIC is a registered trademark of Gambit Communications, Inc.
All other trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners.
603 881 3500