Delhi, India, July 12, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- RNCOS has recently added a new Market Research Report titled, "Indian Coal Industry Outlook till 2012" to its report gallery. India has been relying on coal for its energy requirements since long and this report provides extensive research and objective analysis on the extensive coal sector in India. It reviews the performance of the Indian coal industry in recent years and focuses on the driving factors, future prospects and issues associated with it. Detailed data and analysis given in the report will help investors to comprehend the rapidly changing dynamics of the coal industry.
Indian Coal Industry
The Indian coal industry is the fourth largest in terms of coal reserves and third largest in terms of coal production in the world. But despite its huge resource base, till date, India has not been able to minimize its coal deficit.
Coal has been recognized as the most important source of energy for electricity generation and industries such as steel, cement, fertilizers and chemicals are major sectors of coal consumption. So in order to satisfy the coal demand, the Indian coal industry needs more investment and private players to raise its production level. The coal washeries have to take bigger role in the industry to produce less moisture and ash-based coal to sustain in strict environment regulations.
- Coal requirement for the power utility will grow at a CAGR of around 10% during 2007-08 to 2011-12.
- Private coal washeries have rapidly increased the production of washed non-coking coal in India during 2002-03 to 2006-07.
- High coking coal demand by the Indian steel industry and low reserve base has boosted the import of coking coals.
- Coal demand from the Indian cement industry looks bright and it is expected that coal requirement by the industry will rise steadily from 2007-08 to 2011-12.
- Coking coal requirement in steel production is expected to touch over 85.34 Million Metric Tons in 2011-12.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- Why Indian coal is important in global context?
- What are the factors driving the coal industry’s performance?
- What opportunities exist for the coal sector in India as well as for other related industries?
- What are the issues faced by the industry?
- What will be the status of coal demand by various industries in future?
Key Players Analyzed
This section provides the overview and financial information of prominent players in the Indian coal sector like Coal India Ltd, Singareni Collieries Company Ltd. & Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
Ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis have been used for analysis and processing of information.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.
For more information visit: http://rncos.com/Report/IM592.htm
Current Industry News: http://www.rncos.com/Blog/