London, United Kingdom, August 04, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- The strain we place on our environment and planet has been well published over the years. Our resources are diminishing, our climate maybe changing and our atmosphere is struggling to cope with pollution. Energy conservation is everyone’s concern no matter how small the contribution.
Computers and monitors account for up to 40% of the energy usage in an office (US Gov: http://enduse.lbl.gov/Info/LBNL-48581.pdf), and savings can be made with the installation of good practices and a little thought.
Diseno ideas of Marbella Spain have produced a green policy to reflect its impact on the environment. Every effort has been made to help reduce its footprint the planet and urges all heavy computer users to join them in the fight to protect our natural environment and resources.
Some practices that you can implement
1. Turn light monitor output dark
2. Use your energy saving schemes such as ENERGY STAR
3. Turn off office equipment when not in use
4. Use ink jet printers (90% less energy usage then a laser printer)
5. Turn off all equipment, lights and power users when the office is closed
6. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs (38% saving)
Do not use decorative lighting
7. Paint dark walls and ceiling with lighter colours to maximize the effect of existing lighting. Dark walls require more power to produce the same amount of light
For a complete list contact them.