Delhi, India, August 09, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- RNCOS has recently added a new Market Research Report titled, “South African Insurance Industry Forecast till 2012” to its report gallery. The report provides extensive research and in-depth analysis of the insurance sector in South Africa.
This report will help the client to evaluate the leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of the insurance industry in the country. Detailed analysis supplemented with data will help in examining the evolving South African insurance market.
The forecast given in this report is not based on a complex economic model, but is intended as a rough guide to the direction in which the market is likely to move. This forecast is based on a correlation between past market growth and growth of base drivers.
Following conversions have been used in the report at the exchange rate of given years:
1 ZAR = US$ 0.157603171 (As on December 31, 2005)
1 ZAR = US$ 0.1418701321 (As on December 31, 2006)
1 ZAR = US$ 0.157424855 (As on September 30, 2005)
- By net premium, the South African long-term and short-term insurance market is expected to grow at the CAGR of nearly 12% and 17% respectively for the period 2007-2012.
- South African reinsurance market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% during 2007-2012 attributed to increasing natural disasters like earthquakes, floods etc.
- Motor and property insurance accounted for over three-fourth of the total short-term insurance market by net premium.
- Homeowner and motor insurance is anticipated to emerge as big opportunity areas for the South African insurance market.
- Material non-disclosure and misrepresentation to continue to be responsible for the highest number of fraud cases.
Key Issues & Facts
- Which factors will lead to the growth of long-term and short-term insurance in South Africa?
- What are the emerging opportunities and challenges for the industry players?
- What are the most prospective areas for investment in the insurance sector in near future?
- What are the driving forces for the South African insurance industry?
- Who are the key players in the South African insurance market?
This section talks about the key players operating in the South Africa insurance industry, including Santam Limited, Mutual & Federal Insurance Company Limited, Hollard Insurance and Guardrisk under Short-term Insurers. Old Mutual South Africa, Sanlam Limited and Liberty Group Limited under Long-term Insurers.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to over 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, and linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.
For more information visit: http://rncos.com/Report/IM580.htm
Current Industry News: http://www.rncos.com/Blog/