Philadelphia, PA, December 06, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Has holiday shopping left no room in your budget for entertainment? Just in time, Independence Visitor Center presents the “Top 10” list of the free and inexpensive things visitors and Philadelphians alike can do within the walls of the center.
1. Free WiFi – Stop in and surf the web for Free, while immersing yourself in the center of Historic Philadelphia
2. Concierge – Top notch information on all there is to do and see in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties, from top notch multilingual staff; all offered for Free
3. Informational Touch Screen Computer Kiosks – Interactive computers available for use to plan your own itinerary for Free
4. Independence Hall Tickets – The only place in Philadelphia to get your Free Independence Hall tickets
5. Grab a cup of Coffee or Hot Chocolate – Stop in and warm up with an inexpensive cup of Joe or hot chocolate.
6. Brochures, Maps, Guides –Free and ready for the taking, stock up on information of all that Philadelphia has to offer. Including four brochures produced monthly by Independence Visitor Center: Family Friendly, On A Budget, Odd & Unusual and After 5
7. Colonial Interpreters – Relax and unwind while interacting with historical characters who tell stories of the past; all offered for Free
8. Historic Philadelphia GPS Ranger™ Tour - Experience historic Philadelphia like never before! A self-paced multimedia tour guide device that leads you on an informative and entertaining walking tour of Independence National Historical Park. the GPS Ranger delivers captivating videos, historical imagery, fun facts and interactive trivia for over 25 different points of interest, automatically as you approach them. Just $15.95 for a 3.5 hour tour experience
9. Free Films – During the summer stop in and cool off and during the winter stop in to warm up while you enjoy Free historical and orientation films in our theater.
10. Bathrooms – Voted best and cleanest in the city by Fox 29