Henderson, NV, January 08, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Outskirts Press, Inc. has published Can You Hack IT? by Michael V Galasso, which is the author's most recent book to date. The 6 x 9 paperback white in the Biography & Autobiography / General category is available worldwide on book retailer websites such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble for a suggested retail price of $12.95. The webpage at www.outskirtspress.com/canyouhackit was launched simultaneously with the book's publication.
About the Book (Excerpts & Info)
What’s it really like to be a cabbie in America’s top tourist destinations? Can You Hack It? from veteran taxi driver Michael Galasso puts you behind the wheel of this mysterious, exciting—and dangerous—profession. Catch a ride with Galasso as he describes:
• Breaking into the biz: Discover some of the diverse stories of how cabbies got their first gig—and the scary encounters that proved too much for some.
• Meet the most bizarre fares: As a cabbie in Ft. Lauderdale and Las Vegas, Galasso picked up some real weirdos. Here, he describes just a few.
• Learn the secret kickback system that greases cabbies’ wheels and involves Vegas’s top nightclubs and massage parlors.
• Uncover the corruption that’s rife in the highly insular world of taxis—and how the media misses the mark.
• Encounter the cheapskate owners who hold drivers to ridiculous standards of ridership—or else.
• Go inside a secret society of cabbies. With their own newspaper and code of conduct, being a cabbie is like entering an exclusive club.
Can You Hack It? is a rare glimpse into a world that’s guaranteed to change forever the way you see your driver. Whether you’ve ever wanted to drive a cab in a big city, are a frequent passenger or are just curious about what it’s like, Can You Hack It? is your ticket to ride.
Deftly constructed at 75 pages, Can You Hack IT? is being aggressively promoted to appropriate markets with a focus on the Biography & Autobiography / General category. With U.S. wholesale distribution through Ingram and Baker & Taylor, and pervasive online availability through Amazon, Barnes & Noble and elsewhere, Can You Hack IT? meets consumer demand through both retail and library markets with a suggested retail price of $12.95.
Additionally, Can You Hack IT? can be ordered by retailers or wholesalers for the maximum trade discount price set by the author in quantities of ten or more from the Outskirts Press wholesale online bookstore at www.outskirtspress.com/buybooks
Format: 6 x 9 paperback white
For more information or to contact the author, visit www.outskirtspress.com/canyouhackit
About the Author
Michael V. Galasso was born in Yonkers. Married to his wife Pamela for twenty-three years, the couple currently resides in Henderson, Nev. Galasso has been in the taxi business for over seventeen years.
About Outskirts Press, Inc.
Outskirts Press, Inc. offers full-service, custom self-publishing and book marketing services for authors seeking a cost-effective, fast, and flexible way to publish and distribute their books worldwide while retaining all their rights and full creative control. Available for authors globally at www.outskirtspress.com and located on the outskirts of Denver, Colorado, Outskirts Press represents the future of book publishing, today.
Outskirts Press, Inc., 10940 S. Parker Rd - 515, Parker, Colorado 80134