Columbus, OH, January 20, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Carmel Pharma, the maker of the PhaSeal System for the safe handling of hazardous drugs, is pleased to introduce a selection of new PhaSeal components. Each has been thoughtfully designed, taking into account customer feedback, to offer oncology pharmacists and nurses even greater ease of use while still maintaining the clinically proven protection users expect.
These new products include the following, all of which are available to order immediately:
Injector Luer Lock (N35)
Item Number: N35; Order Number: 10350
· Replaces the Injector Luer Lock (N31)
· New ergonomic design and passive safety technology allow you to work quickly and easily while retrieving all the drug from the vial
Secondary Set (C60)
Item Number: C60; Order Number: 34600
· Non-vented set with built-in drip chamber/tubing reduces the steps needed to prepare an infusion
· Universal spike with PhaSeal Connector enables safe, leakproof drug transfer
· Length: 40 in.; 12.5mL priming volume
Connector Luer Lock (C35)
Item Number: C35; Order Number: 31350
· Replaces the Connector Luer Lock (C40)
· Allows smooth and secure connection/disconnection of the new PhaSeal Injector Luer Lock (N35)
Connector Luer Lock (C45)
Item Number: C45; Order Number: 31450
· Extended length allows greater options for working with pumps and tubing
· Standard male luer lock attaches to IV lines for leakproof IV push administration, infusion or sealed, syringe-to-syringe drug transfers
For more information on these products or the PhaSeal System, or to place an order, please call 866-487-9250 or visit www.PhaSeal.com.
PhaSeal is more than a system for the safe handling of hazardous drugs. It’s the only clinically proven closed-system drug transfer device (CSTD) available today and is validated by more than 10 independent, peer-reviewed, published clinical studies. Distinguished by prominent thought leaders as the “Gold Standard” in safe handling, PhaSeal’s airtight Expansion Chamber and leakproof Double Membrane connections prevent exposure to hazardous drugs, including aerosols and vapors, and make it the only system that meets the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners (ISOPP) definition of a true CSTD. Its streamlined design and universally-compatible components make the system easy to use from preparation and administration to waste disposal.
The PhaSeal System is manufactured by Carmel Pharma AB in Gothenburg, Sweden and is distributed from its U.S. affiliate office, Carmel Pharma, Inc., in Columbus, OH. PhaSeal has been in use in the United States since 2000 and implemented in more than 1000 cancer facilities, infusion centers and private practices, including M.D. Anderson and Texas Children’s in Houston, TX; City of Hope in Duarte, CA; Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA; SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, IL; and Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD, just to name a few. For more information on Carmel Pharma or the PhaSeal System, please visit www.phaseal.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To request additional product details, high-resolution imagery, story ideas and expert references, or to learn more about the topic of safe handling from today’s clinical thought leaders, please contact Emily Frydendal at 614-318-2635 or email@example.com.