Ocean Isle Beach, NC, February 17, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- With a TV commercial highlighting vacation rentals having aired in Sunday’s big game, football fans are discovering why renting vacation homes, condos, villas and cabins is a favorite choice for many versus hotels. Beyond the experiences families and friends build by staying in a home away from home in Ocean Isle Beach or Sunset Beach, NC there are numerous benefits to choosing vacation rentals – sometimes in ways they’d least expect.
Whether trying vacation rentals for the first time or if you’re one of nearly nine in 10 travelers who plan to rent again,* Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach travel and vacation rental expert, Whitney Sauls of Sloane Realty Vacations, offers the following planning tips and insights as a post-game update for visiting Southeastern North Carolina:
· Know Your Destination: Whether you are a first-time traveler to Ocean Isle Beach or Sunset Beach or not, become familiar with the state’s special events, seasons and offerings. Here are some activities that guests find most enjoyable:
o North Carolina Oyster Festival - Over 30,000 people annually, including locals and visitors, attend the North Carolina Oyster Festival to pay homage to the mighty mollusk on Ocean Isle Beach, NC, October 16-17, 2010. http://www.brunswickcountychamber.org/OF-nc-oyster-festival.cfm
o Summer Concert Series, Ocean Isle Beach – live music every Friday night in the park Memorial Day through Labor Day at the Ocean Isle Beach Park. Pack your picnic and bring your lounge chairs enjoy live music ranging from rock n roll, beach music, big band and more.
o North Carolina Fourth of July Festival - The North Carolina 4th of July Festival: Where history, art, celebration and patriotism come together every year on the banks of the Cape Fear River. http://www.nc4thofjuly.com/
o Blue Crab Festival, Little River, SC – just 15 minute drive from Ocean Isle Beach, the Blue Crab Festival is one of the largest festivals in the southeast. This year's festival will feature approximately 175 arts and crafts vendors, specialty food vendors, tremendous entertainment, and children's area. http://www.bluecrabfestival.org/
· Packages: During certain seasons, vacation rental packages can provide even more value, some with 4-bedrooms starting from $800 per week. Visit www.sloanevacations.com to become familiar with various vacation rental types, reservation rates as well as travel specials available in Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach, NC.
· Avoid Airline Baggage Fees: Most Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach vacation rentals come equipped with washers and dryers, and Sloane Realty Vacations also provides free starter kit of toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap and some properties even offer complete linen service. Travelers may choose to use these perks to pack less clothing and toiletries, avoiding commercial airlines’ baggage fees and restrictions.
· Use Space to your Advantage: Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach vacation homes and condos can be from 900 to more than 3500 sq. ft., often costing less than a single hotel room & sleeping up to 29 guests versus just a few.
· Save on Dining Out: With full kitchens, and sometimes, outdoor grills, Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach vacation rental travelers often make and store meals and snacks for less, including football favorites like homemade nachos during postseason trips. Use local ingredients and recipes for more memorable mealtimes, like fresh grouper, flounder or shrimp caught off the shores of Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach. This also provides healthy travel options.
· After-Hours Service: Check to see if there is an accessible customer service number for emergency needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and for after-hour requests.
· Entertain for Free: Most of Sloane Realty Vacation’s vacation homes, villa rentals and condos include amenities not found in hotels, some with private swimming pools, whirlpool spas, fireplaces, DVD players, Internet access, game consoles and multiple living rooms.
· Ask About Partnerships: Sloane Realty Vacations’ offers tee time bookings and golf packages to fit your needs and we also offer coupon books to area restaurants and amusements. Guests can also opt for concierge-type services, including grocery pick-up, catered meals, in-home massages and spa treatments to name a few.
· Remember Big Events: Whether it’s for football championships or national Bowl games, concerts, baseball series’, basketball or other events, vacation rentals can save fans from the hassle of finding multiple hotel rooms during big events, and on the cost of multiple reservations.
· Transportation: Other relationships to remember are those made between vacation rental managers and transportation providers, whether it’s rental cars, shuttle services, golf carts, bicycles or more.
Sloane Realty Vacations
Sloane Realty Vacations manages over 400 private vacation homes, condos and golf villas in Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach. Sloane Realty Vacations established its business in 1958 and has been providing vacation rentals in Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach since that time with three generations of family owner and operators. Sloane Realty Vacation is a member of Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce and Vacation Rental Managers Association (VRMA).
*PhoCusWright’s Vacation Rental Marketplace: Poised for Change