MiniCo’s Mary Schick and Rebecca Thomas Raise Funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure®

Phoenix, AZ, December 03, 2010 --( In the fight against breast cancer, two MiniCo team members are taking steps toward finding a cure by participating in fund-raising walks to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the global leader of the breast cancer movement and the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world.

Chief Financial Officer Mary Schick participated in the 2010 Arizona 3-Day for the Cure held November 12-14, 2010, which included 1,550 walkers and 320 crewmembers. The Arizona walk is one of 15 events held around the country to raise awareness about breast cancer and raise funds for research. In three days, participants completed a 60-mile course that traveled through the cities of Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, Scottsdale, and Phoenix. This year’s event marked Mary’s seventh year as a walker, and she is already enrolled for the 2011 event. She raised over $2,600 contributing to the $4.4 million raised to date by the 2010 Arizona 3-Day for the Cure.

Accounting Manager Rebecca Thomas participated in the 18th Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on October 10, 2010. Over 31,000 participants walked or ran the five-kilometer route through downtown Phoenix and raised over $2 million. Rebecca raised $250 for the 2010 event, her second year as a walker. The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is the annual fund‑raising event for the Phoenix Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Up to 75 percent of the net proceeds raised will stay in central and northern Arizona to fund education, screening and treatment projects. The remaining 25 percent will go directly to the national Komen Research Grants and Awards program to fund breast cancer research.

Since 1974, Phoenix-based MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, has been a self-storage leader providing superior specialty insurance programs, informative publications and valuable products and services created expressly for the self‑storage industry.

For More Information:
3-Day for the Cure –
Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure –

MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
Christa Van Zant