Farmington, CT, December 16, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Global Information, Inc. (GII) presents "Worldwide Oil and Gas Industry 2012 Top 10 Predictions" by IDC Energy Insights.
This IDC Energy Insights' report provides top 10 predictions for the worldwide oil and gas industry in 2012. It is based on a wide range of research including surveys of technology decision makers, in-depth interviews with industry executives, vendor briefings, and data from our Worldwide Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide. The report is designed to be useful for technology users, vendors, and other market participants that want to focus their activities on the most important technology developments in the oil and gas industry.
According to Rick Nicholson, group vice president, IDC Energy Insights, "The oil and gas industry has faced a number of challenges over the past couple of years including the economic recession, the Macondo well blowout in the Gulf of Mexico, and supply disruptions due to the 'Arab Spring' uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa. The industry has coped with these challenges and nearly all of the economic indicators are pointing toward positive growth."
1. Innovation in the Oil and Gas Industry Will Be Dominated by Exploration and Production for Unconventional Resources
2. Independent Midsize Exploration and Production Companies Will Continue to Be the Innovators in Shale Gas
3. There Will Be More Work Required for Safety and Environmental Management
4. Smart Drilling and Production Will Be a Cornerstone of Digital Oilfield Initiatives
5. Capital Project Management Will Increasingly Focus on Planning and Portfolios
6. Companies Will Move Toward Integrated Asset Management
7. Regulations Will Tighten and Will Focus on Transparency for Energy Commodity Trading
8. Cloud Services Will Expand into Core Exploration and Production Processes
9. Companies Will Slowly Move to Fill Security Gaps with the Help of Vendors
10. IT Spending Growth Will Be Driven by Emerging Economies
For more details: http://www.giiresearch.com/report/ener226049-worldwide-oil-gas-industry-2012-top-10-predictions.html
Find Fossil Fuel Market Research Reports: http://www.giiresearch.com/topics/EN13_en.shtml
About Global Information Inc.
Global Information (GII) (http://www.giiresearch.com) is an information service company partnering with over 300 research companies around the world. Global Information has been in the business of distributing technical and market research for more than 25 years. Expanded from its original headquarters in Japan, Global Information now has offices in Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Europe and the United States.