El Dorado Hills, CA, April 13, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- VisualCalc, a provider of web-based analysis software and the creator of PublicDashboards.com (www.PublicDashboards.com), today announced the introduction of the Election 2012 Dashboard, a new free public dashboard that provides a graphical, easy-to-understand view into projected results and polling data for the upcoming U.S. 2012 Presidential elections.
The Election 2012 Dashboard contains four graphical indicators, each focused on a different aspect of the upcoming election:
· GOP Delegate Tracker – provides the last delegate totals for each of the remaining GOP candidates, and compares this against the 1,144 delegates required to secure the GOP nomination.
· GOP National Primary Projections – tracks projected Republican primary votes over time for each of the major candidates.
· Generic Congressional Ballot – shows, on average, if voters would vote for the Republican or Democrat candidate in their district’s congressional race.
· Obama vs. GOP Candidates – highlights the most recent projections of how President Obama would fare against each of the major Republican candidates.
The Election 2012 Dashboard highlights some surprising trends and statistics associated with the U.S. 2012 election, such as:
· Mitt Romney is currently projected to secure the most GOP national primary votes at 39%. This is an increase from December 1, 2011, when Romney was projected to gain 17% of the primary votes, the second most after Newt Gingrich. Over the same time period, Gingrich as fallen from 38% to 17% of the projected votes, while Rick Santorum has increased his projected vote from 4% to 27%.
· If the election were held today, projections have President Obama defeating every GOP candidate. Out of the remaining GOP candidates, the closest to Obama is Romney, who trails 44.3% to 48.1%. Obama has the largest projected lead over Gingrich: 51.0% versus to 38.0%.
“The 2012 Presidential Election is extremely dynamic, and front runners seem to change on a daily basis,” said Amit Mazumdar, CEO of VisualCalc. “This dashboard helps the public easily decipher some of the dynamic changes that are taking place over the course of this important election.”
This new dashboard will be incorporated into VisualCalc’s public dashboard website: PublicDashboards.com, and can be accessed directly at www.publicdashboards.com/Election2012. PublicDashboards.com contains a set of interactive dashboards covering a variety of topical issues, including housing, the economy, the environment, education statistics, employment trends, and health-related data.
PublicDashboards.com organizes detailed, complex data related to these issues into interactive, easy-to-use charts and graphs called indicators. These visual indicators help users identify trends or issues that might otherwise go undetected. In addition, these indicators enable users to perform deeper analysis into the underlying data. With a simple point-and-click, users can filter and drill-down into the indicators to customize their view of the data.
Organizations that track or communicate information related to any of these topics – including public or commercial websites and online or print media – are welcome to include links to these public dashboards on their websites. These links can be found on the PublicDashboards.com website.
VisualCalc (www.visualcalc.com) provides easy, affordable, web-based analysis software that helps companies of all sizes grow and manage their business. Since its founding in 2000, VisualCalc has been focused on its vision of making the analysis of complex data accessible to the everyday user. VisualCalc’s unique combination of technology and expertise helps consumers and businesses alike analyze complex data quickly and easily, resulting in better, faster decisions. VisualCalc’s analysis software includes two categories of products: 1) VisualCalc Website Calculators, which companies provide to their customers to help them quickly and easily evaluate their products and services, and 2) VisualCalc Online Dashboards, which help companies monitor and manage their business. VisualCalc is also the creator of PublicDashboards.com, a free website containing public dashboards focused on today’s most topical issues. VisualCalc is a privately held company headquartered in El Dorado Hills, California.