London, United Kingdom, August 21, 2012 --(PR.com
is a brand new site that lists 20,000 doctors, 10,000 complementary health practitioners, 300 private hospitals and 19,000 specialist clinics around the world and includes ALL of the UK’s private healthcare providers.
You can search on GoPrivate.com by treatment, medical condition or aesthetic procedure and when they’ve found the medic or clinic of your choice, request an appointment without even leaving the site.
Quick, easy and free to use, GoPrivate.com allows you to compare private clinics and specialists
on a wide range of criteria including:
- Experience and qualifications
- Price for a consultation or treatment
- Gender of the doctor or clinician
- Languages spoken at the clinic; facilities (e.g. number of inpatient/outpatient/ICU/HDU beds, number of consulting rooms or operating theatres)
- Quality and safety (e.g. Incidences of MRSA/Clostridium Difficile/Post operative wound infection at major private hospitals)
- Availability of appointments
- Whether a GP referral is required to make an appointment
- A wide range of keywords
GoPrivate.com is being launched by Intuition Communication, the team behind Private Healthcare UK. The team run other healthcare websites including HarleyStreet.com, TreatmentAbroad.com and FertilityTreatmentAbroad.com. GoPrivate.com is independent of any healthcare provider.
Keith Pollard, Managing Director of GoPrivate.com says a tool like GoPrivate.com is long overdue:
“More and more people are going private these days, whether it’s for medical or aesthetic treatment, but many don’t know how to make a choice from the bewildering range of options available, often heavily advertised and incentivised with confusing offers and deals.
“We wanted to give patients an independent source of information that allowed them to compare on the criteria that was important to them as an individual, whether that was proximity of the clinic, the qualifications and experience of the staff, the cost of treatment or the rates of infection or complication – or a combination of all of these.
“It’s important that patients can make an informed decision about any procedure or treatment they’re looking to undertake. GoPrivate.com makes the whole process easier and more seamless, as you can book your appointment with your chosen doctor straight from the site.”
The new site has been welcomed by doctors including Jafaru Abu, Consultant Gynaecologist at BMI The Park Hospital, Nottingham:
"This is a fantastic new development and a very innovative thought by Intuition Communications. I think this is great for both patients and their carers and relatives as it will potentially shorten the pathway to getting specialist professional healthcare. Both self-paying and privately insured patients now have the opportunity to book a consultation directly with the specialist consultant of their choice, an amazing addition to 'patient's choice'."
How GoPrivate.com works in detail:
• Search: An intelligent search enables the public to locate hospitals and clinics, specialists and healthcare professionals, quickly and efficiently. Search by speciality, type of healthcare provider, location and much more.
• Filter: Visitors can refine their search by filtering results according to their preferences, such as gender of healthcare professionals, languages spoken, availability of online booking, or whether a GP referral is required. There is also a powerful keyword search function.
• Compare: Visitors can select a shortlist of healthcare professionals and providers and compare profiles, qualifications, experience, prices and more. They will be able to save details of their “favourite” healthcare providers for future reference.
• Book: Patients can request an appointment, selecting locations and times provided by the service provider. The healthcare provider is alerted by email and/or SMS, with a link to accept and confirm the details of the appointment. The patient receives confirmation by email and/or SMS and on acceptance of the booking, pays an online booking fee to Intuition. The remainder of the fee will be paid at the time of the appointment.
For all media enquiries including interviews with Keith Pollard, please contact Steve Bustin on email@example.com or 07803 729208.
Notes for editors
About Intuition Communication
Intuition Communication is a web publishing company operating in the healthcare sector. Our websites serve as a gateway for patients to all types of healthcare providers, including hospitals, doctors, dentists, healthcare product and service companies who wish to promote their services and expertise to the general public.
Patients benefit from being able to access trustworthy information about health problems and issues; healthcare providers benefit from being able to access patients who are actively seeking a treatment or solution to their healthcare needs. To see our full portfolio of health and medical websites, see http://www.intuition-comms.co.uk/what-we-do/