El Dorado Hills, CA, September 25, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- VisualCalc, a provider of web-based analysis software and the creator of PublicDashboards.com (www.PublicDashboards.com), today announced the introduction of the Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Dashboard, a new free public dashboard that enables graphical, easy-to-interpret analysis of AFV adoption and alternative fuel consumption.
The AFV Dashboard includes four graphical indicators, each of which is focused on a different aspect of the deployment and adoption of AFVs in the U.S.:
· Year-by-year AFVs in use, broken out by fuel type.
· Alternative fuel consumption by year.
· Annual hybrid electric fuel vehicle sales by model.
· Greenhouse gas emissions by fuel type.
The AFV Dashboard highlights some important trends and developments in the adoption of AFVs in the U.S., including:
· The number of AFVs in use increased from 394,000 in 2000 to 938,000 in 2010. The primary alternative fuel type in use if 85% Ethanol (E85), which powered 58% of the AFVs in use in 2009.
· After steady year-by-year increases up to 2004, alternative fuel consumption has remained fairly constant in the ensuing years. The mix of alternative fuels is shifting away from liquefied petroleum gas towards compressed natural gas and 85% Ethanol.
· For the last 10 years, the Toyota Prius has been the top selling hybrid electric vehicle. Approximately 136,463 Prius’s were sold in 2011, representing 51% of the market. The hybrid Hyundai Sonata was second on the list, with 19,673 sold, while the hybrid Honda Insight was third on the list, with sales of 15,549.
“The move towards alternative fuel vehicles is a critical step toward preserving our environment,” said Amit Mazumdar, CEO of VisualCalc. “This free public dashboard helps monitor the progress in this important initiative.”
This new dashboard will be incorporated into VisualCalc’s public dashboard website: PublicDashboards.com. PublicDashboards.com contains a set of interactive dashboards covering a variety of topical issues, including housing, the economy, the environment, education statistics, employment trends, and health-related data. PublicDashboards.com organizes detailed, complex data related to these issues into interactive, easy-to-use charts and graphs called indicators. These visual indicators help users identify trends or issues that might otherwise go undetected. In addition, these indicators enable users to perform deeper analysis into the underlying data. With a simple point-and-click, users can filter and drill-down into the indicators to customize their view of the data.
Organizations that track or communicate information related to any of these topics – including public or commercial websites and online or print media – are welcome to include links to these public dashboards on their websites. These links can be found on the PublicDashboards.com website.
VisualCalc (www.visualcalc.com) provides easy, affordable, web-based analysis software that helps companies of all sizes grow and manage their business. Since its founding in 2000, VisualCalc has been focused on its vision of making the analysis of complex data accessible to the everyday user. VisualCalc’s unique combination of technology and expertise helps consumers and businesses alike analyze complex data quickly and easily, resulting in better, faster decisions. VisualCalc’s analysis software includes two categories of products: 1) VisualCalc Website Calculators, which companies provide to their customers to help them quickly and easily evaluate their products and services, and 2) VisualCalc Online Dashboards, which help companies monitor and manage their business. VisualCalc is also the creator of PublicDashboards.com, a free website containing public dashboards focused on today’s most topical issues. VisualCalc is a privately held company headquartered in El Dorado Hills, California.