Solana Beach, CA, July 12, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Testosterone supplements have been hailed as a miracle cure for menopausal women, but are they really safe? On Tuesday, July 23rd and repeating on Saturday, July 27th, Solana Beach OB/GYN Timothy Bilash, MD will present an enlightening talk titled, “The Testosterone Story – How Androgens May Be Killing Us.”
In this fourth in a series of ten Summer Women’s Health Lectures, Dr. Tim will discuss how Androgens (Testosterone, DHEA), with Cortisol and Insulin affect women’s health—both good and bad. Often thought of as exclusively male, Androgens are present in both men and women. In women, proper amounts are secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands, and some converted into estrogen in body tissues. To maintain good health, particularly in menopause, Androgen levels must remain in balance: they stimulate bone and hair growth and play an active role in well being. Clear evidence now indicates that the hormone risks for Breast Cancer are not from Estrogen or Progesterone compounds, but from Androgens.
Throughout his series, Dr. Tim discusses a range of topics from vitamin deficiencies, endocrine disruptors, trends in evidence-based medicine, and finding a good doctor in the age of “New Medicine,” to new insights into endocrine effects in gender and race. Dr. Bilash commented, “Each of these issues has a tremendous impact on how we perceive life, health care and medicine, both as consumers and in the medical community.”
Future topics will include:
1. “Complete Endocrine Balance® - How to protect against Endocrine Disruptors” (8/6 and 8/10)
2. “Why can't I find a doctor? - The New Medicine” (8/20 and 8/24)
3. “Evidence Based Medicine - Where is the Evidence?” (9/3 and 9/7)
4. “How Alain Enthoven and Database Technology is dismantling America and its Medicine” (9/17 and 9/21)
5. “Gender Differences - What determines our Sexuality” (10/1 and 10/5)
6. “Why Race isn't Real - a new theory” (10/15 and 10/19)
Dr. Bilash has presented other topics in the series:
1. “Vitamin A and D: The Grandmother and Grandfather Vitamins” – their crucial importance to our overall health (6/4 and 6/8).
2. “Premarin Update – BRCA1 Gene and Reduced Incidence of Breast Cancer from Estrogen” – new findings that explain the confusion and how to reverse our thinking about breast cancer in women who take estrogen after hysterectomy (6/25 and 6/29).
3. “Good Fat/Bad Sugar - Why our foods make us sick” (7/9 and 7/13).
All lectures are free and are open to the public and questions are appreciated. Topics are presented twice each week of the series, on alternate Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. and following on Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
For reservations or to make a clinical appointment visit www.drtimdelivers.com/office online or call 858-997-0212. Dr. Bilash’s office is located at 765 Academy Drive, Solana Beach, CA 92014.
Dr. Timothy Bilash, MD has been practicing Medicine since 1987 and seeks to offer a fresh, broadly-based and useful expert perspective on many issues. His practice offers friendly, personalized service in an atmosphere which focuses on treating the individual without the interference of corporate influence or conflict of interest. Licensed in several states, he is a board-certified OB/GYN and one of the nation’s leading physicians with interests in the treatment of thyroid problems during pregnancy, hormone balancing, menstrual difficulties, anxiety and addictive disorders, advanced laparoscopic and surgical techniques. Dr. Bilash is on staff at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.