Newcastle, United Kingdom, September 13, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Consumers are largely unaware of the way the travel industry sets costs for flights and accommodation. If they realised that flights are often cheaper close to the time they are first scheduled, customers would really benefit by being able to book real bargain holidays.
The strong message to holidaymakers looking to book cheap flights and find bargain holidays is to book as early as possible.
Nick Jackson of Freedom Direct says: “The last minute holiday booking culture has become popular for a good reason – there are a lot of great last minute holiday deals available from Freedom Direct and other travel websites.
“But the very best way to book a cheap holiday is to book as early as possible.”
Top tips from Freedom Direct for booking a cheap holiday:
1. Pick some approximate holiday dates well in advance, long before you decide where to go.
2. Make a list of the places you want to visit alongside your priorities. What is most important to you? Hot weather, beach near to your hotel, facilities for children, or maybe the nightlife and culture?
3. Research the places on your initial list by consulting destination guides. Freedom Direct has guides to its most popular holiday destinations, which can be accessed from the home page at www.freedomdirect.co.uk
4. Research and compare prices for your flights and accommodation as early as possible. Flight schedules and prices for the start of the summer holiday season (which starts in May) are made available at least three months ahead.
5. Look at the prices of flights seven days either way of your ideal departure date.
6. Consider flying early in the morning or last thing at night as these flights are cheaper.
7. By researching accommodation early on you will have the pick of rooms on offer. Remember, hotels closest to beaches and attractions get booked up the quickest.
8. The best value holiday hotspot in 2007 was Spain. There’s a huge range of cheap holidays to choose from in Spain with a lot of bargain self-catering apartments that are great for cheap family holidays.
9. It’s more than possible to enjoy cheap holidays in more exotic locations – Tunisia is renowned for providing a wide choice of 5* hotels, at 3* prices.
10. Book your holiday through a reputable, ABTA-affiliated holiday agency, such as Freedom Direct.
About Freedom Direct
Freedom Direct is in its tenth year selling holidays online. Customers can search flights, hotels and other accommodation on www.freedomdirect.co.uk , either together or separately for the most popular holiday destinations.
Freedom Direct Ltd is a fully bonded member of ABTA (Association of British Travel Agents), and act as a booking agent on behalf of a number of approved suppliers of holiday accommodation, flights and ancillary products.
As well as the online booking service, the Freedom Direct Ltd holiday booking experts are available to advise by phone on 0800 109 9246 Monday to Sunday, 9am to 11pm.
The Freedom Direct website www.freedomdirect.co.uk also features resort information, details of available excursions and other useful advice for holidaymakers.