Aiken, SC, October 16, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- SEAMS, the National Association for the U.S. Sewn Products Industry, will highlight the growing opportunities for US-based textiles, apparel, and other softgoods manufacturers, brands, retailers and suppliers at its Fall 2014 Networking Conference on October 23-25 at the OMNI Oceanfront Resort in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Centering around the theme of “Made in the USA is Back: Seize the Opportunity!” the event agenda will provide attendees with informative and thought-provoking presentations and panel discussions covering important industry issues such as workforce training, technology, health insurance, governmental regulations and trade issues.
According to SEAMS Executive Director Sarah Friedman, “The opportunities for US companies are stronger now than at any time in recent history. With consumers taking more interest in US-made and higher quality products, retailers and their suppliers have responded by reshoring significant programs and ramping up domestic production of textiles, apparel and other sewn products. While in recent years our conference dealt more with how to prepare for these opportunities, this year we are focused on how attendees can take advantage of the real and tangible opportunities in front of them. We invite all industry executives, professionals and entrepreneurs to take part in this important discussion.”
Scheduled presentations include:
• Industry Changes and Their Impact on Our Future - Keynote Presentation, Kurt Cavano, Vice Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer, GT Nexus, Inc.
• US Legislative and Trade Update and Outlook - Jonathan Fee, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP
• Training a Changing Domestic Workforce -
- Will Duncan, Executive Vice President, (TC)2
- Dan St. Louis, Director, Manufacturing Solutions Center
• The Affordable Care Act – What’s Ahead and How to Prepare For It -
- Mark Ackerman, President, Insurance Management Group (IMG)
- Laurel Suggs, Employee Benefits Specialist, IMG
- Tammie King, Independent Agent, IMG
• Supply Chain Panel Discussion -
- David LoPresti, President, Industries of the Blind Greensboro
- Larry Stone, Vice President of Manufacturing, Weissman's Theatrical Supplies
- Dean Wegner, CEO/Owner, Omega Apparel
• Supplier Panel Discussion -
- Frank Henderson, Owner & President, Henderson Sewing Machine Co.
- Pat Hickey, President/Director, Minnesota Knitting Mills, Inc.
- Dan Pittman, Sales Consultant for North America, Eton Systems
• Texprocess Americas 2016 Update - Carrie Kittrell, Sales Manager, Messe Frankfurt Inc.
SEAMS Conference attendees will also enjoy a number of networking opportunities, including company introductions, a products/services display area, special networking receptions, group meals and ample breaks. Social events will include a putting contest and golf outing on Thursday Oct. 23. SEAMS Members will also receive an association business update and elect new officers at this meeting.
Companies and individuals involved in the sewn products industries may register to attend by phoning SEAMS at +1-803-642-1111 or by downloading the registration form at http://seams.org/events/SEAMS-Fall-Networking.html
SEAMS, the National Association for the Sewn Products and Textile Industries, promotes the continued growth of the USA fashion, sewn products and textiles industries through educational programs, networking opportunities, business opportunity matchmaking, industry collaboration and special member benefits packages. SEAMS members comprise textiles providers, contract manufacturers, brands, vertical retailers and their suppliers and service providers to collectively represent the complete concept-to-consumer supply chain. Softgoods industry executives, managers, professionals and entrepreneurs leverage their SEAMS membership to gain new business, stay informed of industry issues and trends, find solutions to productivity and operational challenges, manage costs and increase productivity. For more information, visit the website at http://www.seams.org