Carla Bonten Realty, Inc. Welcomes European Shoppers to Paradise in Southwest Florida
Sunny Southwest Florida is quickly becoming a favorite destination as a shopper’s paradise that has something for everyone. Many retailers have seen an increase in the number of European customers in their shops eager to take advantage of the currently weaker dollar. “Southwest Florida is also a great place for a vacation or second home,” says Carla Bonten, owner of Carla Bonten Rentals, Inc. and Carla Bonten Realty, Inc. in Bonita Springs, Florida.
The British exchange rate of over $2 to £1 makes clothes, cosmetics and electronic goods in American stores much less expensive. Many travelers believe the big savings they find on these items will more than cover the cost of a flight and hotel.
The Euro has shot up by 33 percent since 2002 against the dollar, and Europeans who exchange 1,000 Euros currently get close to 1,500 US dollars. With designer brands already competitively priced for U.S. markets, savings are even more substantial for Europeans who purchase during the holiday season.
Roger Osbond, co-owner of Brambles Tea Room in Naples along with his wife, Elaine (both from England) recently saw the effects of the stronger European currency when Osbond’s daughter, Lucy, and her husband, Riaan came to visit the U.S. for the first time, and stayed in Naples.
“Not only were things less expensive here to start with, they were much cheaper in pound conversion terms, literally 50 to 60 percent of the UK price,” Osbond said.
With temperatures during the winter season (December to February) a balmy 22C (71F) to 25C (77F), nothing could be better than shopping in the sunshine. As a winter retreat for affluent families for over 100 years, Southwest Florida has consistently featured exquisite shopping areas, including:
• Fifth Avenue South, which offers fine shops, galleries, restaurants, and sidewalk cafés along the beautifully landscaped promenades, in a historic setting near the beach and in the heart of Naples.
• Third Street South in Old Naples, which combines quaint architecture, fine clothing, superb dining, and art galleries, with beautiful jewelry stores, cafés and restaurants, interiors, gardens, salons, spas, and more.
• The Village on Venetian Bay has assembled a collection of nearly 60 shops, galleries, and restaurants that are truly unique and special, all beautifully set right on the waterfront.
• Waterside Shops at Pelican Bay - Lush gardens, fountains, and waterfalls provide the backdrop for some of the finest retailers in the world.
• Coastland Center Mall has been transformed into a bright, sophisticated resort retail center. Bargains online at http://www.coastlandcenter.com/html/sales.asp.
• Coconut Point is the latest shopping destination for people to gather, shop, dine, work, play, or see a new film. Online discount coupons can be printed from http://www.simon.com/mall/aym.aspx?ID=1202.
• Miromar Outlets has over 140 top manufacturer’s outlet stores. Discount coupons can be found at http://www.miromaroutlets.com/index.php?page=offers.
“Miromar Outlets is the perfect shopping destination for Europeans for several reasons. Our outlet stores offer tremendous savings, as high as 70% off retail prices. Now that the Euro is so strong, the already low prices translate to even greater savings for European shoppers,” says Jeff Staner, General Manager.
Travel to Southwest Florida has become even more convenient since the opening of the beautiful new terminal at Southwest Florida International.
“Southwest Florida is a great place for a vacation or a second home,” says Carla Bonten, owner of Carla Bonten Rentals, Inc. and Carla Bonten Realty, Inc. in Bonita Springs, Florida. “Whether you want to relax in a luxurious beachside home, high-rise condominium, or golf villa, you will find it here. There are many vacation rental options – designed to fit any lifestyle or budget. Most are turnkey furnished, so all the vacationer needs to think about is relaxing and enjoying everything the area has to offer." More information can be found online at www.carlabontenrentals.com.
If searching for a more permanent vacation solution is the goal, Bonten says there are also many buying opportunities.
“Buyers can choose from luxury high-rise condominiums, golf-course villas, or gulf-side mansions while taking advantage of the current home values,” she said. “The area is a great value for anyone wanting warm weather, beautiful beaches, nature, culture, five-star restaurants, theatre, golf, and of course, shopping.”
This information about beautiful Southwest Florida has been provided by Carla Bonten Realty. Since 1988, they have led the way in serving the diverse needs of American and European clients seeking to purchase, sell, rent or auction their own piece of Southwest Florida’s “Sunshine Riviera.” When looking for property in Southwest Florida (Naples, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Ft. Myers, Ft. Myers Beach and Estero), finding the right Realtor® with the ability to represent the buyer’s interests properly is of the utmost importance.
Carla Bonten Realty, Inc.’s international staff bring comfort and familiarity to their clients by speaking over 14 different languages and dialects including Dutch, German, Swedish, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, French, Japanese, Flemish, Swiss, South African, and of course, English.
For more information, contact Carla Bonten Realty, Inc. from Europe at 001-239-949-9122; from the UK toll-free at 0800-056-9544; from Germany toll free at 0800-183-3609; or visit them online at www.carlabontenrealty.com.
E Sue Huff