Macintosh Electric Corp Safety First: Fireplaces

New York, NY, May 04, 2016 --( Heating fueling alternatives are popular again and people are now taking other means to heat their homes. The residential experts of Macintosh Electric Corp offer safety tips for safely using fireplaces in their home.

Fireplace Safety: The stove should be burned hot twice a day for 15 – 30 minutes to reduce the amount of creosote buildup. Never ever use excessive quantities of paper to build roaring fires in fireplaces. It is possible to ignite creosote in the chimney by overbuilding the fire. Never burn charcoal indoors. Always keep flammable materials away from your mantel. Always make sure your fire is out and never close your damper with hot ashes in the fireplace. If synthetic logs are used, follow the manufactures directions. Never break a synthetic log apart to accelerate the fire. Also, never burn more than one log at a time. All these notes are to reduce harm and avoid carbon monoxide emissions.

Macintosh Electric Corp strongly advises to install carbon monoxide detectors either hard wired with battery backup or plug ins.

Macintosh Electric Corp, Licensed and Insured since 1994. Proudly servicing New York City and Westchester County (All five boroughs: Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island).
Macintosh Electric
Michael Muqattash