Jackson, MS, June 30, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Fourth of July weekend means summer travel season is in full swing. Whether it is flying to that dream destination vacation, enjoying the beach, attending a family reunion or traveling abroad, events can quickly turn if there is an accident, emergency, or unforeseen incident that could have legal consequences. U.S. Legal Forms CEO Frank D. Edens encourages individuals to consider doing a little legal planning just in case.
“When we think of vacation travel, many of us put thought into the clothes we are going to pack and map out places we want to visit while sightseeing, but not as many of us think about what we will do if we have a medical or other emergency. Taking proactive steps in advance can help better protect you and your family,” said Edens.
U.S. Legal Forms has these five legal tips for travelers:
1) Create a Life Documents File which is a collection of important legal papers and other documents. The file can include copies of identification records such as birth certificate, credit cards, passport, social security card, and driver’s license or other photo ID. In addition, consider including travel itineraries, insurance policies, medical records, and Will, Living Will, and Power of Attorney documents. Make sure a trusted relative or family friend can access the documents in case you have an unexpected event while traveling and you need their assistance to help you locate a record.
2) Draft or update Will, Living Will, and Power of Attorney forms. Documents can be prepared by consulting an attorney in your local area. Access the USLegal Attorney Directory if you need help. Individuals can also prepare legal forms on their own by downloading state-specific documents online. To make the process easier, The Dave Ramsey Legacy Forms Combo Package powered by USLegalForms.com is now on sale for $29.95 as part of a 4th of July promotion. It includes Will, Living Will, and Power of Attorney forms, plus an estate planning worksheet and a free eBook written by Ramsey called “The Legacy Journey.” The special will run from June 30 through July 9, 2017. It can be accessed at https://www.uslegalforms.com/july4/
3) Be mindful of your personal information, currency, and belongs at all times while away from home. Do morning and evening checks to make sure you have your passport, driver’s license, credit cards, monies, and any other personal records on hand. Be careful as well when accessing email and social media accounts from unsecure connections and public WiFi. Remember ID theft is at an all-time high and tourists are prime targets for those seeking to steal personal data.
4) Contact your bank and credit card companies in advance if you are traveling far from home and especially if you are traveling internationally to avoid restrictions being placed on your debit and/or credit card accounts. Banks and credit card companies are getting a lot better about detecting suspicious activities which are outside your normal spending patterns, but this will not be helpful if you need to use your accounts on vacation and find they are on hold. Letting financial institutions know about your travels beforehand will prevent problems. At the same time, contact your bank or credit card company immediately if you notice a credit or debit card is lost or stolen to minimize potential unauthorized use.
5) If you are planning to visit a foreign country, it is worthwhile to review the Traveler’s Checklist put out by the U.S. Department of State which covers additional topics such as crisis planning, health precautions, money matters, visas, international driving permits, traveling with minors, and more.
For more information, visit USLegalForms.com.
About USLegal, Inc.
USLegal, Inc. is a multi-faceted legal publishing company which provides online legal solutions for attorneys, small businesses, and consumers. Its web properties include USLegal.com, USLegalForms.com, and FormsPass.com. Founded in 1997 and nationally endorsed by financial radio talk show host Dave Ramsey, USLegalForms.com has earned its reputation as the largest, oldest, and most acclaimed source for downloadable legal forms on the Internet. USLegal has also been recognized as the best legal forms company from 2005-2017 by Top Ten Reviews in all categories, including forms, features, customer service and ease of use. Visit USLegal.com now to find out more about our products and services.
Chief Marketing and Communications Officer