College Graduates Face the Ultimate Final Exam – Job-Hunting in a Tough Job Market – But a New Job Readiness Quiz Helps Them Prepare to Find a Job After College
College students graduating from college this month face an ever-increasing tough job market -- and many are unprepared for it. To help these new college grads, Quintessential Careers has prepared its 30th quiz: College Grad Readiness Quiz -- and companion study guide -- to help prepare college grads for job-hunting.
“More than ever, because of the weak economy and a flood of other job-seekers, these college grads must really be smart job-seekers – and really understand how to find a job,” states career expert Dr. Randall Hansen, founder of Quintessential Careers (http://www.quintcareers.com/), an online career development site.
To assist new college graduates and other entry-level job-seekers, Quintessential Careers has published its 30th career quiz: The College Grad Job-Hunting Readiness Quiz. The 15-question quiz is intended to test respondents’ level of job-search preparation and degree of understanding, according to Hansen.
“A lot of students spend so much time finishing up their studies that they have not had the time to really determine what type of job they want – or even where they want to live,” Hansen states.
The quiz, which covers such general job-hunting topics as networking, resumes, interviewing, references, etiquette, and expectations, can be found at: http://www.quintcareers.com/job-hunting_readiness_quiz.html.
A companion study guide for the quiz, which Hansen describes as “providing all the basic tools and resources grads need to understand how to find a job,” can be found at:
The College Grad Job-Hunting Readiness Quiz is just one of 30 job-seeker quizzes and assessments published by Quintessential Careers. The others include:
- Are You Ready for Career Coaching? A Coachability Quotient Quiz:
- Are You Sabotaging Your Career?
- Career Activist Quiz: http://www.quintcareers.com/career_activist_quiz.html
- Career Branding: What's the Value of Your Personal Brand?
- Career Focus Quiz: http://www.quintcareers.com/career_focus_quiz.html
- College Grad Job-Hunting Readiness Quiz:
- Consultant/Free Agent Quiz:
- Could You Benefit from a Professional Resume Writer? An Assessment for Job-seekers:
- Cover Letter Quiz: http://www.quintcareers.com/cover_letter_quiz.html
- Distance Learning Self-Assessment:
- First Impressions Quiz:
- International Job-Seeker Quiz: http://www.quintcareers.com/global_jobseeker_quiz.html
- Is Job Flexibility Right For You?
- Job Burnout Quiz: http://www.quintcareers.com/job_burnout_quiz.html
- Job-Hunting Etiquette Quiz:
- Job Interviewing Quiz:
- Job Satisfaction Quiz:
- Job Skills Quiz: http://www.quintcareers.com/job_quiz.html
- Marketability Test for Job-Seekers:
- Marketing Yourself (in Your Career) Quiz:
- Resume Quizzes for Job-Seekers:
- Salary Negotiation, Compensation, and Job Offer Quiz:
- Team Player Assessment: Are You a Team Player?
- Teen Resume Writing Quiz:
- Time to Change Jobs ... or Careers?
- You Need a Career or Life Coach if...
- What's Your Degree of Analytical, Creative, and Practical Thinking?
- Workaholics Quiz: http://www.quintcareers.com/workaholics_quiz.html
- Work/Life Balance Quiz:
- Workplace Values Assessment:
About Quintessential Careers: For more than 12 years, this comprehensive career development site has been empowering job seekers of all ages find their ideal careers and jobs. With more than 3,500 pages of content – from articles, quizzes, and tutorials – Quintessential Careers offers visitors no-cost content that can improve their lives.
About Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D.: Dr. Hansen is the founder and publisher of Quintessential Careers. He has been involved in the career industry for more than 25 years. As an educator, he works with college students and recent graduates first-hand, and has a pulse on both the education and career markets.
Dr. Randall Hansen