PR.com: Business Directory, Press Releases, Jobs, Products, Services, Articles
 
Businesses Articles Press Releases Follow @PRcom
Press Release Pricing | News by Category | News by Country | News by US Region | Recent News | PR.com News on Your Site
 

Press Releases

 
Common Sense Advisory

Press Release


Receive press releases from Common Sense Advisory: By Email RSS Feeds:

Common Sense Advisory Releases Ranking of Top 15 Telephone Interpreting Providers Worldwide


Companies realize more than 21 percent average growth.

Boston, MA, June 21, 2008 --(PR.com)-- In 2007, the global telephone interpreting market was worth US$700 million, with an estimated US$500 million generated in the United States. Industry research firm Common Sense Advisory estimates this number will increase to US$1.2 billion by 2012. The findings are detailed in June 2008 research entitled, “Telephone Interpretation.” The report includes the first-ever ranking of the Top 15 telephone interpreting providers worldwide, including two public companies, Language Line Services and Lionbridge. Manpower Business Solutions, thebigword, and CanTalk also made the list.

Telephone interpreting is a global phenomenon. The 2007 ranking includes companies headquartered in the United States, the Netherlands, Sweden, France, the United Kingdom, and Canada. However, North American telephone interpreting providers account for 85 percent of the combined revenue of the Top 15, with the remaining 15 percent based in Europe. Many providers from countries not represented on the list show great promise. Companies like Lyric Labs (India), E‐C Translation & Localization (China), Tolketjeneste (Norway), and Geslingua (Spain) reported significant telephone interpreting revenues. Other new players in the space, such as China One Call (Hong Kong), are emerging in Asia.

The Top 15 companies reported an average rate of growth of 21.62 percent. “The high rates of growth among telephone interpreting companies are fueled primarily by two main market drivers: immigration and language policy,” said report analyst, Nataly Kelly.

The complete report, “Telephone Interpretation,” is available to Common Sense Advisory’s members at www.commonsenseadvisory.com.

About Common Sense Advisory, Inc.
Common Sense Advisory, Inc. is a research and consulting firm committed to the objective analysis of the business practices, services, and technology driving translation and interpreting services, localization, and business globalization. Its analysts deliver in-depth reports on topics including: website and translation content management; translation and interpreting services and best practices; product and website localization; software supporting international business; on- and off-line ethnic marketing and messaging; and more. The firm also provides hands-on consulting and training to global business teams. For more information, visit www.commonsenseadvisory.com.

###
Contact Information
Common Sense Advisory
Melissa Gillespie
978-275-0500
Contact
www.commonsenseadvisory.com

Click here to view the list of recent Press Releases from Common Sense Advisory
Promote Your Business