Salvador, Brazil, August 06, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- The American Society of Travel Agents - ASTA has announced election results for its international chapters. The president-elects will take office in conjunction during THETRADESHOW held in Orlando, USA September 7-9, 2008 and serve for two years.
The new ASTA Chapter President for Brazil will be Robert Phillips, managing director of Intelligent Leisure Solutions and the Discover Travel Group, a completely web-based South America and Central America Luxury Travel Company that offers custom-made trips from pre-selected destinations, accommodations, packages and tours to travelers and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Events) clients seeking differentiated travel experiences.
Robert Phillips objectives as the Brazil Chapter President:
“My Objective as ASTA Brazil Chapter President will be to pursue and fulfill in Brazil ASTA´s Mission and Vision by providing:
· local members with representation and communication channels with ASTA headquarters,
· knowledge on Brazil, Brazil travel products and How to Sell Brazil travel products to ASTA members worldwide, and
· local members with low cost internet marketing models”
Robert has worked in sectors as diverse as Space Power in the USA and Oil Exploration in Kuwait. He then ventured to the business side after receiving his MBA from Thunderbird - School of Global Management and started to develop tourism and entertainment projects in Salvador, Brazil in 1998.
Robert launched Intelligent Leisure Solutions (ILS3) in 2002 to create innovative solutions merging technology, tourism and real estate, and he currently manages 5 companies:
· Intelligent Leisure Solutions Consulting - Leisure, Real Estate, Travel, Tourism and Entertainment Development
· Intelligent Real Estate Solutions - Complete Real Estate Brokerage Solutions in Brazil
· Intelligent Travel Solutions - Luxury Travel Services to South and Central America
· Intelligent Web Solutions - Full Service Web Marketing Solutions – SEO, SEM, PPC, PRs, Email, and Social Media
· Intelligent Content Solutions - Full Service Content Creation and Translation Solutions
Under Robert’s leadership, ILS3 has achieved an outstanding excellence of service in luxury tourism to South and Central America which has been recognized by prestigious international organizations with the following Travel Awards and Qualifications:
· United Nations World Tourism Organization Ulysses Award for Innovation in Tourism Enterprises
· Nominated in 2 Categories of the 2008 World Travel Awards
o South America´s Leading Travel Management Company
o Central America´s Leading Travel Agency
· Selected by the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism as an Affiliate Member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization
· Authenticated by the .Travel Registry
· Member of ASTA since 2004
For more information on ILS3, please visit www.ils3.com, www.discover.travel, www.discoverbrazil.com, www.discoversouthamerica.travel, www.discovercentralamerica.travel .