Westport, CT, October 15, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- For the fourth consecutive year, NYPR has teamed up with charitybuzz for an online auction in conjunction with their fifteenth annual Hulaween Gala at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City. The auction begins Friday, October 10, 2008 and continues through Monday, November 10, 2008. Bidders are encouraged to visit www.charitybuzz.com and register for a chance to take home some of the hottest packages and take part in once-in-a-lifetime experiences while giving back to a great cause. Some of the auction highlights include:
· Visit the set of Hugh Jackman’s upcoming movie and enjoy lunch with him
· Fly to Las Vegas and Bring in the New Year with Bette Midler
· Attend Will Smith's Premiere of Seven Pounds and mingle with the stars at the after-party
· Fly to Vegas and Enjoy 2 VIP Tickets to Cher with a Backstage Meet and Greet
· Fly to New York and enjoy a 2 hour lunch with Hilary Duff for up to 4 people
· Spend a Day on the Set of Damages with Emmy Award Winner, Glenn Close
· Have Lunch with Gene Simmons on Gene Simmons: Family Jewels
· Train with NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with 7 of your friends
· Join the stars at next year's premiere of Entourage and meet Debi Mazar
· Own a personalized signed guitar from Sheryl Crow
charitybuzz is pleased to be hosting the much anticipated online global event filled with experiences donated by well-known celebrity and corporate friends of Bette who share their deep concern about The Environment. The monies raised will enable Bette and the New York Restoration Project reclaim, restore, and develop under-resourced parks, community gardens, and other open spaces in New York City. Interested bidders are encouraged to register at www.charitybuzz.com.
About New York Restoration Project:
NYRP reclaims, restores, and develops under-resourced open spaces in New York City's five boroughs. As "the conservancy of forgotten places," NYRP rescues public parks and community gardens that are most threatened by the challenges facing underserved communities. Since 1995, NYRP has steadily "cleaned and greened" some of New York City's most blighted public areas by removing over 80,000 tons of garbage and debris from project sites. It has created Swindler Cove, a gorgeous new park out of an illegal dump on the Harlem River; saved and revitalized more than 100 community gardens; taught hundreds of at-risk children about the environment; and built the first boathouse on the Harlem River in over 100 years.
charitybuzz provides auction and marketing services to non-profits worldwide and works with charities founded by the most famous names on the planet, including Bette Midler, Andre Agassi, Jorge Posada, Sting, Tony, Bennett, Ted Turner, Joe Torre, Bruce Springsteen, Rosie O'Donnell, Eddie Vedder, Petra Nemcova, Mrs. Robert F. Kennedy, President Clinton and Denis Leary, as well as with smaller charities that address particular needs in their local communities. charitybuzz is the leading upscale cause marketing global community for people who doGOOD and liveWELL. All charities, large and small, benefit from the increased traffic that is generated by star power. This star-centric strategy creates media buzz and generates sales and raises awareness for all its charity partners. To learn more, visit www.charitybuzz.com.