DeSoto, KS, February 06, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- America’s premium disposable tableware brand, Chinet ®, practices sustainable processes in production and the brand encourages consumers to take that same level of commitment to protecting the planet when planning gatherings of any size.
Quick Tips for a Green Gathering Include:
- Send invitations via email rather than traditional printed invites
- Check out flea markets and secondhand stores for party décor
- Serve food on disposable tableware, like Chinet, made of 100% pre consumer recycled material and biodegradable in home compost.
- Create a menu using local, organic produce; for great recipes, go to www.mychinet.com/recipes
- Use reusable towels for clean up and biodegradable trash bags
- Compost leftover party food and Chinet tableware
“Chinet brand gives you the strength and style you depend on, with the added piece of mind knowing you’re using environmentally-friendly products,” said Julie Stoetzer, Chinet Brand Marketing Manager. “Chinet® Classic White and Chinet Casuals lines are made of 100 percent pre-consumer recycled material. Both lines are also chlorine-free, microwave safe and fully biodegradable in home composting.”
Huhtamaki Americas, Inc., makers of Chinet products, practices sustainable processes in the production of both consumer and specialty packaging. By using recycled materials in the production of molded fiber products, Huhtamaki annually saves:
- Nearly three million trees each year
- One billion gallons of water which is equal to the supply of water for a city of 10,000
- 65 million gallons of oil or the equivalent of 31 million gallons of gas
These efforts, along with programs designed to reduce the company’s pollution and power use, have earned Huhtamaki a number of awards including the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Environmental Achievement Award. For more information, visit www.mychinet.com/environment.
About the Chinet Brand
Made in America since the 1930s, Chinet disposable tableware has a long history of making strong plates and even stronger memories as friends and family gather. Chinet products give you the strength and style you depend on with the added piece of mind knowing you’re using environmentally-friendly products. For more information about the Chinet family of products, visit www.mychinet.com.
Established in 1920 as a specialty packaging organization, Huhtamaki provides many of the world’s most recognizable consumer goods packaging and foodservice containers, including the retail line of Chinet premium disposable tableware. For more information about Huhtamaki, visit www.us.huhtamaki.com.