Fullerton, CA, October 14, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE), has officially certified Milton Security Group LLC as a Veteran-Owned Small Business.
Milton Security Group LLC has now been added to the verified veteran business database at www.VetBiz.gov and is eligible to participate in the "Veterans First Contracting Program" with VA.
About the CVE :
The goal of the CVE is to establish a strong veterans' movement by branding the company's status as a verified service-disabled veteran-owned small business, helping to better position the company for set-aside projects and non-competitive contracting opportunities under Public Law 109-461 that provides the Department of Veterans Affairs with unique buying authority. The benefits of the Veterans First Contracting Program are as follows;
- Redefines priorities for contracting preferences within VA, placing SDVOSB's and VOSB's first and second respectively, in satisfying VA's acquisition requirements.
- Allows sole source contracts over the Simplified Acquisition Threshold up to $5M (including options).
- Implements restricted competition via Set-Aside Procedures for each category of SDVOSB's and VOSB's.
- Allows additional credit evaluation factors for SDVOSB's and VOSB's status.
- Authorizes large VA prime contractors to obtain subcontracting credit for SDVOSB's and VOSB's only when they contract with verified firms in VIP.
About Milton Security Group, LLC
Milton Security Group LLC is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) network security company with a consulting practice. Our Principals embrace taking our customer 's ideas to the technological edge with a vision for the future. Our Staff are dedicated individuals with many years of diverse experience, ranging from small businesses to government agencies.
Milton Security Group LLC
111 North Harbor Blvd., Suite D
Fullerton, CA 92832