Orlando, FL, May 01, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- John Davy of Colonial Industries has been in the window replacement business for over 30 years. With his considerable expertise, he is offering (5) tips to consider before making a decision to go ahead with new windows. Mr. Davy said this "If saving money every month and not be a victim of unlicensed contractors is one of your goals you need to read my (5) tips."
1) When choosing a company or contractor make sure they are certified with the state, a occupational license is not enough. Also be sure to check them out with the BBB, if they have a history of complaints the BBB will know about them.
2) Insist that the company get a building permit before starting work. If they say no assume immediately they are not properly licensed, do not ask for trouble.
3) Insist your new contractor provide a copy of his property liability insurance, his insurance company will do this at no cost with your name and address on the document.
4) When choosing a window manufacturing company it will be confusing. Mr. Davy likes PGT Industries and Simington they both have great products and have both have been around a long time.
5) When choosing an aluminum or vinyl window make sure of the following; For maximum energy savings a Low-E coating and Argon Gas are a must inside all of the windows; these are wonderful heat fighters and what is going to save money. When heat and ultra violet rays are removed from window openings is when energy costs come down.
Like to know more, please call Mr. Davy at 407-484-5239 or email him at email@example.com
or fax back 407-302-1496. Tell him about your home and how many windows are in it.Mr. Davy says follow these 5 tips, to a money saving and trouble free job.
Colonial Industries of Orlando, LLC